Chapter 19 - You're Such An Idiot!

Lily's POV

James Bloody Potter is the most ignorant guy on the face of earth. I've been dropping hints all week about the dance but I've gotten nothing. Nothing.

I was currently stabbing my eggs giving this girl a death glare. She was flirting with James shamelessly. It was taking all of my self control not to lean across the table and smack her.

Maybe your date was just him stringing you along. Maybe he doesn't even like you. Why would he? With that red hair and those hideous green eyes.

"So Jamesie, do you have a date to the dance yet?" She paused, smiling when he shook his head. She looked at him expectantly, but he just sat there staring at her.

She looked a bit deflated, but looked up at him and smiled. "I'll see you in Potions."

Realizing that classes would be starting soon, everyone began to pack up, streaming through the giant doors.

James turned to Sirius and looked at him confused as we walked to History of Magic. "What was that?"

Remus rolled his eyes and turned back to Juniper. Sirius shook his head. "She wants you to ask her to the dance."

I couldn't take it. I threw my arms into the air. "You're such an idiot, James! All-"

"What?! I d-"

"First you torment me for all the years, and when I finally go on a date with you, y-" I was interrupted once more by James, but this time he pressed his lips to mine. I gasped looking at him. We've kissed before but he scared the living daylights out of me.

"Will you be my girlfriend, Evans?" He said, his hazel eyes glinting.

I could feel my cheeks burning, my face blood red from embarrassment. I can't believe I just did that. "Uh, w-well..er... Yeah. I'd like that. "

James grinned, kissing me gently before sprinting down the hall, jumping and hollering like he was mad. He stopped in her tracks, running back at me with pure glee on his face. "So I take it you're my date to the dance?"

I rolled my eyes, smacking his arm. "You're such an idiot, James." I repeated.

He wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling my into a hug. "Yeah. But I'm your idiot." He muttered.

I giggled. "You're also cheesy. Very cheesy."