Chapter 1 - Late?

Author's Note
Hey there. So I don't own any of the characters, all of them are JK Rowling's . I might create one in the future. Another side note, I didn't create the image that I used for the cover. I found it on google and fell in love. So I hope you enjoy this!
-FallenLight
----------------------------------------------
Lily's POV

I grinned, making sure my trunk was packed when my dad called for about the millionth time. I was just about to go back to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Spring break had just finished and we only had two months left because this year they are letting all of the students have an extra long break. I'm not exactly sure why, I think it's something to do with Dark Magic. Seriously though, nothing could stop me being happy....except... Nope not even going there.

"Lily! If you don't get down here you're going to miss the train!" My mother called up the stairs.

I squeaked, running down the stairs as fast as I could with my trunk. I handed it to dad, then turned to mum.

"I love you Lily, be safe, don't get into trouble and most of all, don't worry yourself with that silly Potter boy. Alright?" She smiled.

"Alright mum! Love you!"I said to her, sprinting out the front door, down the steps and through the garden. I could hear her laughing at me.

I clambered into my seat, waving at my mum as we drove away.

We live in a quiet area, close to Spinner's End, so it's a long drive to King's Cross. I checked my watch, almost choking on air when I saw the time. I had twenty minutes! Twenty minutes! That only leaves me seven minutes to get down to the platform, through the barrier, say goodbye and get on the train. The rest of the ride was spent with me hyperventilating, my dad freaking out that I was dying, and a lot of confusion.

The moment we pulled into a spot I yanked my stuff out of the car, gave my dad a quick hug before sprinting away and tossing everything onto a trolley. Then gingerly I placed my owl, Shadow, on top. I loved her to bits. I waved back at my dad, then waded through the crowds.

I managed to make it down to the barrier alright, but muggles were crowded around.

"Excuse me, sorry, let me just get by you real quick." I sighed. Platform 9 3/4 was unreachable. I sighed dejectedly, staring at the bricks in front of me. The muggles would notice if I slipped through, no matter how nonchalantly. I turned around, deciding to just walk home when something grabbed my hand and pulled me.

The Hogwarts Express shimmered in front if me. Whoever had pulled me through still had my hand. I was about to thank them when I saw who it was. I would have preferred missing the year.