Chapter 21 - The Map

I am so sorry guys, I guess I've been pretty busy. I am going to do a couple more updates this weekend if I can to make up for the lost time. :)

I really liked the ending to last chapter, I thought it was really cute. Did you guys like it?
BTW I just went and picked up a puppy like two months ago. She is soo cute I can't handle it....

Anyways......
Onto the chapter!

-------------------------------------------------------
James' POV

I grinned at Lily, watching her cheeks turn bright red. "That wasn't funny James."

I laughed."I thought it was. I love making you blush."

I took my time to look at her. She truly was beautiful. Her green eyes that always sparkled, long dark eyelashes, her flaming hair, the freckles splattered across her nose, the pink lips I wanted to always be tugged up.

"Uh, James you're kinda freaking me out here. I do enjoy being stared at by my boyfriend, but five minutes is too long."

I rolled my eyes, then pecked Lily on the lips before sitting up and hopping over the back of the couch.

"Where are you off t- argh!" She gasped as I pulled her of the couch. "James?! Where are we going?! It's like midnight! I swear if you get me in troub-"

"Lils, you needn't worry. For I am a Maurader and I have my ways." I said, pulling my cloak over us.

"What is this? Teachers are gonna be able to see us..." Lily said, stumbling as we headed out of the common room.

"Nope! It's a cloak of invisibility. And you before you go on some crazy rant of possibilities, I have a map. "What good will a map do?!"

"This isn't just any old map, Lils. It's the Mauraders Map.

Lily rolled her eyes. "What's the difference James?"

I flashed he a grin, bouncing back and forth on the balks of my feet. This was the first time anyone other than the Marauders would learn anything about our map. "I solemnly swear I am up to no good."

I watched Lily closely, her eyes roaming the parchment curiously as a web of lines spread out.

"But I though Hogwarts was unch- Wait is that us?"

I nodded, smiling at our dots. "And there's McGonnagall,  talking to Madame Pomfrey."

Lily looked up at me. "James," she breathed, moving closer towards me. This is...incredible." She leaned closer, kissing me on the cheek. I smiled at her, wrapping my arm around her waist.

"So, Miss Evans, care to accompany me on a midnight stroll and enjoy a picnic?" I said, glancing down at her as we walked past the snoring portraits.

"I would love to Mr. Potter."