Chapter Three

*Mark's Pov*
 "(y/n)..." I pull away and look at her. Her face falls and her hair covers it. I think I got a little too comfortable with comforting her. I wasn't planning on doing anything. I think she got the wrong idea of us being this close to each other. I shouldn't have lingered as long as I did after our hug. "I'm sorry, I hope you didn't get the wrong idea. I wasn't trying to do anything."

"O-oh... no that's fine... I was, I was just okay with it either way." She shakes her head. "Uh... I'm going to leave you alone right now... So you can edit your video..." I see tears in her eyes. She sprints out of the room.

"(y/n)! Wait!" I run after her. I come to her room door. I hear her cries through the door. I put my hand on the door. "I'm so sorry, (y/n)," I whisper. "I was just making sure you were ok. I didn't mean to give you any hints or anything. I was just trying to comfort you!"

The next few days she said very little and avoided me everywhere in the house. Nancy even noticed it. We both lied and said everything was fine, which is something I usually wouldn't do. I couldn't tell Nancy that (Y/N) thinks I wanted to kiss her.

(y/n) has done quite a good job at not "bugging" me. I say "bugging" because she wasn't really been bugging me at all. In fact I really enjoyed her company. Just as Nancy was leaving for work (y/n) got home from school.

"Uh, hey, (y/n)," I say when she sets her things down.

"Hey, Mark," she says rather cheerfully. Which is a complete turn of events from how she's been acting the last few days.

"Did something happen at school today?" I asked, wondering why she is so happy. Not that I'm complaining. It's good to see her smile.

"I got asked out today!" She says jumping up and down. I feel like I've just been punched in the gut. I should be happy but I'm not. I feel sick to my stomach. I don't know why either.

"Oh really?" I manage to choke out. "By who?"

"Oh, just some guy I know. I said no," she says, still with a cheer and smile.

"What?" I ask, puzzled.

"I didn't like him. I know who I like. It's not him. It was a good confidence booster though. Since he was pretty hot."

"If he was so hot, then why say no?"

"Like I said, Mark. He's not who I like. Looks aren't everything to me. It's...more about their personality to me."

"Well, who's this lucky guy you like?"

Her smile disappeared and she paused. "It's, uh...it's no one really." She pulls out her notebooks from her bag.

"Noooo...come on, (y/n) just tell me! It's not like I know the guy," I say with a pouty face.

*One week later*

"(y/n), please! Why haven't you told me still?" Over the past week (y/n) and I have bonded and things are no longer awkward between us. 

"I'm not telling you! It's a personal secret."

"But I'm leaving tomorrow! I need to know before I go!"

"You don't need to know Mark. You just want to know. Really badly." She pauses. " Wait... You're leaving tomorrow!"

"Yes! So you really should tell me!"

"Even if I did tell you, why would it matter? You're going to be leaving. I wouldn't even call it a crush at this point anymore." She pulls a couch pillow over her face.

I get right on top of her. I hear her squeal, muffled from under the pillow. "Mark! Get off please!"

"Not until you tell me!" I start poking her side, causing her to wiggle like a little worm.

"It doesn't matter, he's leaving me anyways!" She snapped.

I crawl off her, "(y/n), what do you mean?"

She throws the pillow off her face. She gets off the couch and begins to storm off. "It's nothing. Forget about it!"

"Why do you always do this?" I yell a little louder and more rude than I intended.

"Do what?" She snaps again.

"You get mad at me over something silly. I was just asking a question!" I was full on yelling now. Good thing Nancy was at work so she didn't get in the middle of this. 

"It might seem silly to you but its not to me! I told you countless times not to worry about it because it's none of your business. Why do you keep asking? Why does it matter to you? You don't need to know yet for the past week you've been up my ass about it non-stop! You asking just reminds me that I'm lying to myself and I really do still like him! You're only making it harder to deal with the fact that you're leaving!" She clasps her hands over her mouth.

I stop myself from yelling back again. I think more about what she had just said. More importantly, the last thing she yelled. "You're leaving" as in me. No way that was a mistake. Not from the way she seems to be beating herself up about it.

"Aren't you going to say anything?" I hadn't noticed the tears streaming down her face till now. Come on Mark, say something. Anything. She's waiting.

A/N
Yea I know I suck I should've had them kiss. I shouldve had Mark say he loved her. But in time child. I know best. I've actually got up to chapter five written in here. I want to stay at least two chapters ahead from where I publish so I dont have an excuse for not publishing. Thanks for reading this chapter! Tell me what you think so far!
Thanks so much guys love ya!