Chapter Fourteen

I get to the basement. I close the door behind me; lock it and freeze. (Y/n) is strapped to a chair.

"Go ahead! Lock yourself in the basement! Now I have both of you!"I ignore her

(Y/n)'s screams are muffled from the rag that is shoved and taped in her mouth. I carefully peel the tape off and get that nasty rag out of her mouth. Tears are streaming down her face uncontrollably.

"Who the fuck is that Mark?!" She shoves me. "You better have one hell of an explanation for why I just got kidnapped by someone who calls herself your girlfriend!"I need to answer carefully. I don't need her to be more upset than she is right now.

"(Y/n). I don't want you to be worried-"

"Worried? I just got fucking kidnapped you ass!"

"Please just let me finish. Before...I made my youtube channel." I paused. How can I say this so she'll understand? Then I get an idea. "Do you remember my draw my life? Barbara with a C?"

"How could I forget? I cry every time I watch that video." She looks down at her feet. Then back up at me.

"Well as you know...that relationship ended badly. Big fight and everything. I didn't want to go into any details on it because of how crazy she is. I didn't want to humiliate her."

"Just get to the point Mark!" She snaps.

"She's Barbara...with a C. And she's still in love with me. Obsessed with me."

"Didn't she break up with you?"

"Yes. That's why she's crazy. We need to find a way out. Where's your phone?" I look around to see if it's just laying around somewhere.

"Crazy has it."

"Where's the gun?" I turn and see it sitting by the window. I grab it and go back to (y/n). Her mouth is hanging open.

"She had a gun?!"

I kiss the top of her forehead. "As if I was going to let her use it."

"Mark! She could have killed me!"

"Be glad she didn't. Look, here we are. Together. Calm down. I'll get us out of this. I have the gun which means I'm safe to call the cops." I whip out my phone, and dial 9-1-1.

"Hello, 9-1-1 what is your emergency?"

"Hi. My name is Mark Fischbach. My girlfriend and I are locked in someones basement. We've been taken hostage and she had a weapon in the basement she planned on using, but we got a hold of it."

"What kind of weapon is it?"

"A pistol. Looks like semi-automatic." I hand the gun off to (y/n). I think it'll make her feel safer if she's in control of the gun. Not that we'll have to use it at all. Hopefully.

"Are you in any danger as of now?" What kind of question is that...

"I don't think so. We technically locked ourselves in the basement to get away from her."

"So what did she do wrong? You locked yourselves in there to get away from her why?"

"She kidnapped my girlfriend and threatened to kill her! So I came yo get her back thwn we locked ourselves down here for safety."

"Alright I have an officer on the way. Just stay in your location." Geez you couldn't have gotten one on the way a little earlier?

"Well, what did they say? Are we going to be okay? Is she going to be arrested? Oh, my mom is going to freak when she finds out-"

"No! We can't tell your mom! She'll never let me see you again!"

"What! Why not?" She looks to me with worry in her eyes.

"I gave her my word. I promised I would take care of you. And now look at the mess we're in. It's all my fault."

"Mark, none of this is your fault. Not even close. Even if I was at home she would've found me. The only difference is you came after me. My mom wouldn't know where to begin to look. You did good." She hugs me. "Thank you. I'll try tk make sure my mom doesn't find out."

"No, thank you. For believing in me."

"Not only do I believe in you. But all your fans do too. To everyone, you are perfect in your own way."

"I'm far from it."