Chapter Twenty-Five

I bare through the whole, terribly, slow day of school. Bob and Wade pick me up from school, so we can go visit Mark.

"Where's Jack?" I ask, putting my stuff in the back seat and crawling in.

"He's already there," Wade says.

"Alright. Do you know if Mark has waken up?" I ask. My voice has a little bounce to it today.

"Pretty sure he hasn't," Bob states.

My smile turns to a frown. "What if...what if Jack is right. What if Mark never does wake up."

"It won't happen (y/n)," Bob starts. "He's not in a coma. He's just recovering. You need a lot of sleep, especially to recover from something like that."

"I'm sure everything will be fine (y/n)," Wade adds.

"Well, how are you guys dealing with this? Are you guys okay? We know Jack isn't. You know I'm not. I feel bad I never asked you."

"You're okay for not asking. You've got a lot going through your head," Bob pauses. "I'm doing okay with it. Just staying positive," he answers.

"I'm doing a little better. Not by much, but better," Wade says, nodding.

"A little better is better than a little worse," I say. The rest of the car ride is quiet. We get to the hospital and I rush to Mark's room. I run and and see Jack, passed out on the bench. Mark isn't in the room.

"Where the hell is he?" Bob asks.

"I'm not sure," I respond. I walk over to Jack and lightly shake him. He jolts up. "Where's Mark?" I ask a little too demanding.

"I don't know! What time is it?" He sits up, alert.

"3:35," Wade says, checking his watch.

"I've only been asleep for ten minutes! Did the doctor's take him?" He stands up and walks out of the room. We follow him and go to the nurse's desk.

"Where is Mark Fischbach?" Jack asks.

The nurse looks up and raises an eyebrow. She looks back down at a paper, and sighs in annoyance. She clicks on the computer and types something in. "The doctors moved him downstairs to 105 for testing. I'm sure they'll be back within fifteen minutes." She looks back down to her paper.

"What kind of testing?" Bob asks.

She looks even more irritated. "Look, you wanted to know what room he was in, I told you. I'm not his doctor, or even his nurse. I don't know why they took him. Can you just be patient and wait for the doctor to come back with him?" She gets up and walks through a door.

"She needs a fuckin' snickers or something," Jack says. He walks back into the room, and like baby ducks following its mother, we follow Jack.

Eventually, the doctors wheel Mark back into the room. They lift him onto the bed. He's still sleeping.

"Has he ever woken up from yesterday?" I ask.

The doctor looks to me. "Oh yeah. He was awake for some of the testing. He was put on anesthetic and went right back to sleep." The doctor leaves the room. I walk over to Mark and take a seat by his side.

"I bet the doctor fuckin' lied. I bet he never really woke up. They just want to fill us with false hope." Jack kicks a chair.

"Jack stop being a Debbie downer! The doctor wouldn't lie to us! They can't." I grab the chair and put it back where it first was.

"Just ignore Jack, (y/n)," Wade begins. "He's stressed and doesn't know how to handle this right now."

"I'm stressed? No fuckin' shit I'm stressed! Our friend is dying and you won't fuckin' do anything about it! You're all believing in what the fucking doctors have to say!"

"IT'S THEIR JOB! I think they know what they're doing!" Wade fires back.

"Whatever! Don't come crying to me when his heart stops again you fuckin' crybaby!"

"What the fuck are you guys fighting about?!" Asks a familiar voice. I whip around to see who said it.

*Mark's Pov*
"Whatever! Don't come crying to me when his heart stops again you fuckin' crybaby!" A very loud, Irish voice wakes me up. I open my eyes to see Jack, Bob, Wade, and...and (y/n). They all are sitting in the same hospital room as me. I think about what Jack had just said. About my heart stopping...again?

"What the fuck are you guys fighting about?!" I yell. They all pause for a brief moment. Then, (y/n) flies around and before I know it she's on top me freaking out. She kissing all over my face and giving a tight, slightly painful squeeze.

"Mark, don't you dare scare me like that again! I didn't know what I was going to do without you! You're the only one who understands me! You're the only one I care about! You're the only one I love! You're perfect for me!" She starts sobbing like crazy.

"Hey, woah woah! Calm down (y/n). I'm here, I'm fine, I'm not going anywhere but here." I hug her back. Wade and Bob come up to me. They have bright smiles on their faces. Wades even got some tears in his eyes. I see Jack walk out of the room.