Chapter Six

The sleeping with sirens cover for Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls starts to play. Everyone finds their partners and starts to dance. I gaze deeply into (y/n)'s eyes. She's smiling. Which I love.

I bow down and extend my hand to her. "May I have this dance?"

All she does is nod. I think it's all she could do. She takes me by the hand and we entwine our fingers. I put my other hand on her waist and she puts her free hand on my shoulder. We sway side to side and occasionally spin in full circles. I start singing along to the song. I've been told I have a good singing voice by my fans. I can tell (y/n) is one of those people. She just looks to me... mezmorized. She looks to me in complete astonishment. I guess she really does think I'm a good singer.

'The moment is right, mark. Do it.' my conscience says. I put my hand at the small of her back. I push her closer to me. We let go of hands and I wrap my now free, hand around her. She puts her arms around my neck. We never break a contact. I start to lean in slowly. Once our lips are about half an inch apart, we finally close our eyes.

Then our soft lips meet. It's as if fireworks are going off. As much as I don't want this kiss to end, I know it's going to have to. Plus, I want to see her reaction. When we pull away, all she does is look to me.

"I swear I'm dreaming. This night is just too perfect."

"You're too perfect," I say.

"I'm far from it." She laugh.

"That's okay... Neither am I." She looks at me confused. "Come on... you of all people should know that. I messed up what should have been our first kiss. I messed up our friendship. I just never know what to say or how to fix it."

"You did a really good job at fixing it though. So what's the plan for after this is over?"

"We get to stay at a nice hotel tonight and tomorrow. Then come sunday I gotta take you back home to your mom."

"She was okay with all this?"

"It was all her idea."

*Your Pov*
Now I know I'm dreaming! My mom letting me spend a weekend at a hotel! With Mark! Mark being here to begin with feels like a dream. Mark singing? That kiss was way too hard to believe. This by far is the best prom ever.

Some people started to stare at Mark and I. I think they were judging us. They definitely were talking about us. I just couldn't tell what they were saying. Soon the whispers turned tk talking.

Is that the one youtube guy?

Markiplier?

She got a date?

Are they dating?

He probably pitied her.

It wont ever last.

Hes here with her?

This has to be a joke!

I turn to Mark. He just smiles and kisses my forehead. "Don't listen to them. Just focus on me. This is going to be the best weekend ever, remember?"

I smile. It still hurts, though. I know it's hard to believe Mark is here with me. That's no excuse to being a complete ass about it though. One day things will change though. Whether it be soon or sometime after graduation. I'm going to be happy, and live a perfect life.

Mark and I continue dancing. Some people by now have asked for his autograph. He's a nice enough guy that he gave it to them. Even though some of them were the people that are complete bitches to me. Mark has to keep his reputation though. Some girl that absolutely hates me even had the nerve to ask Mark to dance. Mark nicely said no and that he was here with me. He then added maybe she should quit jumping from guy to guy and go back to her original date. It made me laugh. He told me the only reason he said it was because he knew that, that was one of the girls that only liked him for his looks. He had snuck in a question about his YouTube channel and she didn't get it right, so he knew that she hadn't ever watched an episode of his.

"Mark...promise I'm not dreaming?"

"Would I ever lie to you?"

A/N
So I chose the sleeping With Sirens cover for iris because I feel like it's a little bit more slow then the original song. Also I'm a really big fan of sleeping With Sirens so I figured I would throw in one of their songs into this just to make a little bit more enjoyable for me. Well that's all I have for this chapter I hope you guys really enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writing it. Sorry if this chapter was a little bit shorter than the other ones I promise the next one will be back to normal length.