• 44 •

Kaela and Ashton didn't leave my side all night. We went back to my house and retired straight into my room. Kaela made sure to grab some popcorn and chocolate on the way past the kitchen, which I was very thankful for.

"Okay what movie?" Ashton asked, his voice as chirpy as ever.

"How about the new Dracula?" I suggested, I had seen it advertised and it actually looked really good. He looked at Kaela, as if to ask if that is what she wanted too, she approved.

"As long as -"

"We watch a Disney film after, of course Kaela, I wouldn't have it any other way," I said, laughing at the predictability of my best friend. "But seriously are you going to get scared of Dracula? He's just a vampire..." I loved vampires but Kaela had always found the concept frightening, even Twilight freaked her a little bit, which I loved to tease her about.

"Exactly. There's no 'just' about being a vampire. He's a human who can't die because he drinks other human blood to survive, what isn't wrong about that? He's basically a zombie with fangs," she explained, trying to put a reason behind her fear. My theory was her brother told her stories when she was younger; she would never admit it but I knew he always freaked her out.

"Well technically he's not a human..." I mocked. I felt her stare harden. "Whatever, I'm just saying if I had the option I'd become a vampire without any question," I stated.

"Seriously?" Ashton questioned, deciding to join the conversation once more. "What about all of your family and friends? Could you just watch them die? What about the blood thirst? The ever-lasting life?"

"I would probably turn Kaela just to piss her off, I really don't have that much family to watch die, and I know I could get over it. The blood thirst? I like the think I have enough will power to reduce it and stick to just feeding on you," I joked, sending a wink in Ashton's direction. He shrugged.

"I don't know if I could do it," he replied. I honestly would love it, I loved learning about creatures that children find under there beds and vampires, it spiked such an interest in me.

"I could. Now, are we going to watch this or just talk about it?" Ashton had the controller in his hand. I got into my usual position, in the middle of the bed, and both of my best friends surrounded me; Ashton to the right and Kaela on my left. I knew it would end up in a three-way spoon kind of thing but I didn't mind.

The movie started and I snuggled into Ashton's body, his warmth radiated heat under the covers, warming me up instantly.

During the movie I felt Kaela get closer and closer to me, the more the guy discovered what he could do and jump at a few moments in it. I couldn't help but giggly when she did, she was so bad a scary films.

At the end I could feel myself welling up and I looked over my shoulder, sure enough Kaela was also blubbering, softy. I'm sure I saw Ashton's eyes glisten with a slight tear but the next time I looked up at him, when the credits were showing, it was gone, so I couldn't be sure.

"I liked that!" Ashton exclaimed, I nodded but it was interrupted by a long yawn. I couldn't ever fall asleep during a new movie, I was always to interested in the ending but when it got to the end I had worn myself out. I could fall asleep in a second if I was allowed. I didn't understand how Ashton was still chirpy and awake.

"Yeah me too, I think I'm going to..." I yawned. "Go to sleep." The 'e' elongated itself as I felt myself drifting away. It had been a long day.

"Yeah, me too," Kaela cooed from behind me, nuzzling her head into my shoulder, I did the same to Ashton and both of us quickly drifted off into dream world.

Luke's P.O.V

I felt bad for reacting the way I did, of course I did, I had just frightened Hollie on our first proper date. I could tell she was scared by the way her shoulders were tense. The last thing I wanted to do when she began to walk away from me was let her go. I knew it would be wrong to be such a dick and then immediately apologise - it would seem fake - so I stopped myself and allowed Hollie to walk away, upset and scared. I hated myself for it, but I hated the fact that she wanted to be with Ashton and not me.

Just when I thought she was beginning to trust me, she did that. It hurt me too.

But here I was. Stood outside her house, waiting for her to answer the door, so I could apologise. I had extreme déjà vu. It seemed like I was always apologising to this girl. When I thought I was doing well I'd do something to fuck it up; that was a guarantee.

I had just knocked, hoping she was awake, because if she wasn't I would just be stood outside her door and probably look a bit like a stalker. I needed to know she was okay, I needed to know she hadn't been affected by whatever the news was at the hospital; in the rush she was in it couldn't have been good news. I needed to know that she didn't hate me, and most of all I needed her to know I don't hate her. It wasn't her fault, I shouldn't have reacted badly, I just got so jealous because I was so aware of how easily I could lose her.

The wait felt like a lifetime, but finally I saw the handle on the white door bend and the door creaked into movement. But instead of being greeted by her new blonde hair, I was stood face to face with a six foot curly haired Ashton. All of my worries and thoughts came back. It was almost two in the morning, why was he opening her door in a pair of basketball shorts, that I hadn't seen him wear in months, and no top.

"Ashton?" I asked. I don't know why that came out of my mouth, I knew it was him and I had a pretty good idea as to what he was doing.

"Luke... What are you doing here?" he questioned me, as if he had a right to. I had a lot more reason to be here than he did, didn't I?

"I could ask you the same fucking question, where's your top?" I could feel my words coming out viciously, I wanted to feel bad, but, at this moment in time, I couldn't. I saw red, again.

"Hollie just, well we didn't want to leave her alone after what happened. Kaela and I came home with her, we watched a movie and now they're both asleep upstairs. Nothing's happened I swear." He paused. "Don't be the guy she's scared you are Luke. You know her and I would never do anything, she likes you way too much," he told me, my nerves calmed slightly.

"I just want to see her," I said, looking at the floor.

"Do you think that's a good idea after how you left her after your date?" I felt a tug at my heart, of course that hurt her. Why was I such an idiot. I had just held in all my anger about the anxiety towards Ashton for a long time.

"Just -" I was cut off my a noise behind Ashton; footsteps.

"Ashton, where did you go? What are you doing at the door? I had no warm, cuddly pillow anymore," Hollie said. An immediate lump formed in my throat.

"Hollie, don't-" Ashton was trying to stop her from seeing me. After he was just in bed with my girlfriend.

"What am I not allowed to see my fucking girlfriend now?" I yelled, I couldn't stop the words flying out of my mouth.

"Luke..." Hollie murmured, unsure of what to do. She stayed behind Ashton.

"Hollie please, I just came to apologise," I explained. She scoffed.

"Yeah, that's exactly what it looks like," she snapped.

"Hol-" She cut me off.

"Luke." The way she said my name was completely different to how she had ever said it. It wasn't full of hatred or love. She was scared.

A/N: for everyone who really likes lollie I'm sorry :') I hope you liked this chapter!

I know it's kind of a filler and I'm sorry about that but it'll lead somewhere interesting, I promise!