• 6 •

"What are you doing tonight?" I heard someone ask behind me. I turned around but he covered my eyes.

"Who's asking?" I said, wiggling my eyebrows to try and get his hands to move.

"Guess..." This time his lips were a lot closer to my ear, so close I could almost feel his breath on my neck.

"Hmm... I don't know, Luke?" I said making myself laugh. I hadn't talked to the three of them since the beach a week ago now. I had planned to go again today but my boss needed help at work and I needed to get paid.

"Why the hell would Luke be touching you? Let alone asking to go out with you!" He snapped quickly taking his hands from my eyes and holding my arms.

"Ashton I was kidding," I said leaning into his chest.

"Good, anyway are you going to answer me?" He asked. I pretended to think before nodding. Over the week Ashton had come into the café I worked at almost everyday, we would just talk and laugh for hours. He would help me lock up and had even driven me home once or twice. I loved hanging out with him, he was just so easy going and fun to talk to. Not to mention his smile practically lit up the whole town.

"Maybe," I teased.

"Good! Because I really want to see this movie and I want you to come with me," he said. I sighed at how ridiculous it sounded.

"It's not a date though. Right?" I asked. I had just friend zoned him badly but, in all honesty, I didn't care. I liked Ashton a lot and yeah maybe later we could date but at the moment I didn't want that. I wanted to be his friend before anything else.

"Of course not, I'll even make you buy your own popcorn," he said smiling.

"Uh I don't think so, it might not be a date but that doesn't mean you don't have to buy me stuff. Especially popcorn!" I said emphasizing on the especially. I loved popcorn. I could actually live on it, if I was allowed.

"Whatever. So is that a yes?" He asked raising one eyebrow, no matter how many times over the week I had also tried to do that I still couldn't get it and always ended up looking like an idiot, so when I saw him do it I just scoffed and he knew exactly why.

"Fine, you're picking me up right?" I said.

"7?" he confirmed.

"I'll be home," I smiled.

"Of course you will, you're never anywhere else," he mocked. I hit him with the towel in my hand and he ran away laughing.

"I hate you!" I called after him as he ran out of the shop.

"No you don't!" I heard him shout back before he disappeared out of view to go and get ready for later.

I was weirdly excited to go to the movies with Ashton, but at the same time I was extremely nervous. I knew I strangely got along with Ashton but I was worried he would pick an awful film or he had an annoying habit or... I stopped myself.

"Why do you even care?" I asked myself . I received a strange look from the last person left in the café but I just gave them a dirty look back and they left their money and walked out, leaving me tipped and finished.

I slowly walked home thinking about everything.

When I finally got home I went up to my room, had a shower and got ready for the movies with Ashton. I put my hair in a high ponytail with some shorts and a tank top and then just sat on my bed and decided to phone Kaela.

"Hey," She sung down the phone.

"You're in a strangely good mood," I commented noticing her usual chirpiness was now even more annoying.