• 29 •

Ashton and I spent the day together, joking, laughing and watching sappy films. But it couldn't have been better. I just loved being around him. His happiness just radiated.

"So you and Jess?" I asked him. I saw him visibly blush and look down at my head resting in his crossed legs as we sat on my bed.

"Yeah... I guess," he replied timidly.

"I guess?" I questioned as he began to braid a part if my hair.

"Well like I started talking to her one day when I came to get a coffee, hoping to see you, and I guess we hit it off. It wasn't a proper date like a couple date, it was a friendly messing around thing. I introduced her to the boys and she seemed to catch Michael's eye so I'm not really sure," he said shrugging. I felt sorry for the kid. He never had good luck with girls.

"Have you always been this bad with getting the girl?" I chuckled. He pulled my hair lightly on purpose to point out that he was offended.

"No! I never said I wanted her, I mean sure she's attractive and stuff but... I don't know, going on that date made me realise I don't think of her in that way fully you know?" He was concentrating his hardest in getting my hair right but I could tell he had probably turned it into a matted brown mess.

"Yeah I guess..." There was a comfortable silence for a while as I enjoyed him playing with my hair. "So!" I said flipping myself over and looking up at Ashton with excited eyes.

"What?" He looked down at me and my funny position with a smug smirk on his face. I flicked my feet in the air like all girls did in teen films and rested my chin on my hands that were leaning on the gap between his skinny jean covered legs.

"I'm thinking of dying my hair!" I told him excitedly. He tugged an eyebrow up in a questioning way. "Nothing major I just think maybe some red in it or blonde?" I asked. He moved his mouth into a 'I guess so' look and nodded his head. "Do you think I'd look okay blonde?" I was concerned as to what he thought of the idea, he was the first person I had confessed this to. I mean I had always wanted to dye my hair but I never put the thought to action.

"Well you're quite light already so I think it would look good," he said honestly smiling. My hair was just slightly darker than Ashton's caramel colour and so going blonde wouldn't be a massive difference like he had said.

"Would you help me do it?" I asked him. I let my hands drop and then push me up like I was doing a press up, because my back was beginning to ache.

I rolled off of him and then sat up, mirroring the way he was sat in front of him.

"I don't know, I think you'd be better off asking Michael," he laughed. I smiled at the thought of the boy that constantly changed his hair.

"I don't really talk to him, plus it would be fun and I wanna do it now so no one sees it coming." I started bouncing slightly with excitement.

"Where has this sudden spontaneous Hollie come from?" he asked smirking at me yet again. It was something that, even now, was able to make my heart melt.

"I don't know I just want a change, a new me maybe?" It came out more like a question but I didn't care, I was pretty certain I wanted to do this.

"Well don't blame me if it goes wrong," he said pointing a finger at me before pushing himself up and jumping off of my large bed. I did the same and quickly slipped some shoes on before following him to his car.

As we reached the store, I squealed and ran in. I might not show my feelings often but that didn't mean I didn't have them, I was excited to do this. Secretly I hoped that Luke would like it.