• 1 •

"Hollie!" Kaela yelled from across the car park.

I turned around and watched her skipping over to me in her heels. She needed them, without them she was only 5 foot. Her long brown hair flowed behind her and I saw boys stare as she passed them. God they were all so predictable. All they cared about was how good your boobs or bum looked. She might have been small but she made up for it in those aspects and because of that, she got a lot of unwanted attention.

"What?" I snapped back. I didn't mean to snap at her but the boys had bugged me. I corrected myself immediately. "Sorry... What?"

"Did you hear!" she squealed. It was a Monday morning, usually she wasn't this chirpy.

"I hear a lot of things..."

"Well you're going to want to hear this more than once."

"Oh I'm intrigued." My sarcasm clear in my voice but she didn't care. Being my friend for years got you used to it.

"Shut up you will care when I tell you!"

"Well are you actually going to tell me or not?" I asked getting slightly annoyed at how long this simple task was taking.

"Okay! Some new family have moved in next to me, but it's not just a family, one of the boys has brought three mates with him and they're all from Australia!" She took a deep breath when she finished. I sighed.

"Is that it?" I asked disappointed. I hated people why would I want to know about new ones? The people here at the moment were enough for me.

"Nope they're also coming to our school! Well three of them are... One of them has already finished," she explained.

"Oh great! I can't wait to meet them..." My sarcasm now reaching its peak.

"Just try and be nice? I want to get to know them! Apparently they're gorgeous!" she sung in excitement.

"How would anyone even know that?!" I thought out loud. I was bad at that.

"Some girls have seen them in cafés and stuff," she said vaguely.

"So basically a load of girls went stalking?" I asked. She blushed and nodded. "Typical." Girls in Florida were so predictable. Whenever anyone new came to town they would make sure they were the first to get a look at them, so they could make sure they could say 'I saw him first he's mine!' But like I said I didn't like people so I never got involved with any of it.

"Just try and be nice? For me?" she pleaded.

"Why?" I shot back.

"I don't know Hollie, maybe because you're known as the rude unsociable one. Maybe now you can change that," she said.

"I'm fine with how I am. I'm happy, I don't need to change for any new boys, no matter how hot they are," I answered quickly.

"Do you want to think about your answer?" she said looking at me. I hated that look, it was so serious and deadly. I stayed quiet for a couple seconds before nodding my head.

"I thought about it." I said. She smiled at me looking excited for a moment, before I opened my mouth again. "And I still want nothing to do with them." She sighed and looked at me like a disappointed mum.

"You're impossible..." she whispered.

"I know, that's what you love about me!" I said as I began to skip away to our first class.

When I reached my first class I stopped skipping and walked into the classroom as the teacher watched me with accusing eyes. I scoffed quietly at how stuck up all teachers were and went over to my usual seat. I sat down and watched as Kaela walked in, receiving the same stare as I did when I entered the room.

She sat down next to me and we instantly started talking, until the teacher yelled for us all the quiet down.

"You have the whole of lunch to catch up on what you did over the weekend but now is time for lessons! So listen u-" he was interrupted by someone knocking on the door. He rolled his eyes and yelled out to the person on the other side of the door. "Come in!" he boomed before sighing, everyone had gone back to talking.

When everyone suddenly went silent, both Kaela and I stopped and turned our heads to see what everyone was staring at. At the front of the class, an extremely tall boy stood next to the teacher. He had blonde hair,that somehow stayed up in a quiff, and from what I could see his eyes were a kind of blue colour. All the girls were practically drooling when I looked over them; yet again I scoffed and rolled my eyes, just like the teacher had done a few moments ago.

I saw him talking to the teacher for a moment before he got told to sit down. His eyes scanned the room for a seat as did mine. I mentally cursed myself for sitting at the back. No one had sat the other side of me and almost screamed in frustration.

"Kaela switch with me," I whispered urgently.

"As much as I would love to... no," she said smiling evilly at me.

"Why not?!" I exclaimed.

"It'll be good for you!" she whisper shouted.

"No it won't it will kill either me or him..." But before I could carry on arguing he slowly sat down next to me, with every girls eyes on me and him. Yet again I cursed myself for sitting in the space I did.

"Hi I'm Luke..." I heard him whisper to me.

"Oh isn't that nice to know!" I mocked and suddenly I felt Kaela kicking my leg from her seat and staring at me. I flinched at her harsh movements but didn't say anything.

"What?" he asked. Jesus you could tell he was Australian, you didn't get that accent around here.

"Nothing... I said nothing," I said forcing a smile through knowing it looked like a gnarl. He looked at me wide eyed for a minute before turning his head to focus on the teacher who had now started talking again. I smiled to myself and turned my own head, not that I was paying attention.

A/N: Sorry it's not very long! It was just getting you into it I guess... Please let me know what you think! :)