• 12 •

"Hollie!" Kaela yelled from further down the beach. I didn't even know how she had got that far down but she was on the floor with her legs in the air.

I couldn't remember how many drinks we had but we had finished the boxes and Kaela was in hysterics for no apparent reason so I guessed it was a lot.

Somehow I managed to run through the sand without falling over and I reached Kaela. Who was squirming on the floor laughing still, the sand all over her like she had been rolling around in it, which she probably had.

"There's no more drinks!" She whined. Now it was my turn to laugh, she looked like a five year old who had just found out there was no chocolate left in the cupboard.

"I know but I think you've had enough," I said. I might have been drunk but I could think clearly when it came to Kaela's protection. She needed it more than anyone, she was so fragile and small.

"Don't be such a spoilt-" She paused to hiccup, making me pour out in fits of laughter. I was laughing so hard I fell down next to her and I finally let the alcohol do it's job as we both rolled around like young children.

"It's getting dark..." I stated looking up at the beautiful pink and blue sky.

"Should we go swimming? We could be in the water as the sunsets and it would be like a movie! Come on Hollie!" She said jumping up and pulling me up.

"But I'm comfy," I said slurring the 'y'. However as soon as I got up we both raced into the water and dived in as soon as it was deep enough. Well I thought it was deep enough.

I hit my head and cried out in pain and the water got in my mouth making me choke. I quickly stood up and spluttered the water everywhere coughing.

"Hollie? Hollie are you okay?!" I heard Kaela shouting, instantly sobering up. I felt her arms wrap around me before I felt my eyes slowly closing. This wasn't how I thought this was going to end.

Luke's P.O.V

I heard Ashton in the room next to mine and my heart started racing faster.

"What? What do you mean she blacked out?! Kaela where are you? Are you drunk? Okay I'm sorry I'll be there as soon as I can just please try to keep her breathing." He was stressed, I could tell by the sound of his voice and the noise of his steps pacing back and forth. It was Hollie. It had to be. He was talking to Kaela and he was worried. I had been pretty cold to her recently but that didn't mean I couldn't be worried, did it?

My heart sunk when I heard him saying 'keep her breathing'. Did that mean she was unconscious? Or worse was she close to death? My head started spinning and the worst thought flew threw my mind. I had to make sure she was okay. Just so I could go back to disliking her.

"Ash? Ashton what's happened!" I yell after him putting my shoes on. I didn't care if he didn't want me coming or if Hollie didn't want me there I was going. I tried to convince myself it was just because I was nosy but deep down I knew that wasn't the reason. Somehow I had grown to like Hollie's antics, I don't know how or why but there was something about her that drew me to her, like a magnet. I liked how brutally honest she was with us all, she wasn't one of those fake people that pretended to like people and I liked that. I really liked that.

But at the same time I couldn't stand her. All of her snide remarks and stupid comments. As well as the constant grumpiness and the way, no matter what I did, somehow she would end up shouting at me and blaming me for everything. I didn't get why she hated me because all I had tried to do is get to know her. She wound me up in every way possible, everything about her irritated me. But somehow I still wanted to try and break her hard walls, because I knew she wasn't like that. I had been proved right by the times he spent with Ashton and I hated the fact he could get to know her and I couldn't. I hated the fact that I liked her and I couldn't get within a five meter radius of her without her scowling but Ashton could hug her and she'd be fine with it. But most of all, I hated not knowing. I didn't know what I felt for her, I didn't know what she felt for me, and I didn't know why she was the way she was. No one was just like that. Something had happened and I was desperate to find out. Because no matter what I tried to convince myself, I was curious.