• 4 •

"HOLLIE WAKE UP!" I heard my best friend yell from next to me. I had ended up sleeping at her house because we had a science project we needed to finish and it ran over, not that my mum cared, she loved Kaela, she thought she was a miracle worker because she could persuade me to do stuff and she was the only living person I talked to.

"No," I moaned rolling over.

"It's Friday!" she squealed excitedly. I had to admit I enjoyed Fridays, we always had really good lessons and we finished early so everyone could get ready for going out. We never went to any parties but Kaela and I would go to the beach, get changed there, and hang out until it got dark and sometimes even longer.

"Do I have spare clothes here?" I asked, didn't want to go to school in the same outfit.

"Yeah don't worry," she replied, jumping on me to make sure I didn't fall back asleep.

"Okay, okay I'm up!" I said, pushing her off me and slipping out of the bed.

I went straight over to the bathroom to do my makeup quickly before I did my hair and I changed into a Ramones t-shirt and some high waisted jean shorts. I looked in the mirror quickly, happy with my appearance and then went downstairs where Kaela was already waiting for me.

"You look like you've just woken up from being dead for a year..." Kaela said to me. I knew she wasn't serious so I stuck my tongue out at her and poured myself some Cheerios.

I sat down next to her as she popped some toast into her mouth.

"I don't know how you can eat that stuff," I said looking down at her Vegemite in disgust.

"I love it," she smiled.

"You better brush your teeth before we leave or I swear you're not coming anywhere near me all day," I laughed at her holding my nose.

"You know I will! I don't want to be talking to anyone with vegemite breath that's disgusting," she replied, wrinkling her nose up.

"Okay good!" I said giggling slightly at her small features. I squeezed her cheeks as her mum walked in.

"I will never understand you too," she said chuckling at the sight of Kaela wriggling and trying to get free of my grip.

"Hi mum!" I yelled. I called Kristina mum just like Kaela did with mine, we had known each other long enough to do it, she was like my second mum.

"Morning Hollie," she said still chuckling lightly.

"You girls better get going," she said to us looking at her watch. I unlocked my phone to look at the time and jumped off of Kaela and hugging Kristina before running out of the door and sitting in my car.

"Why the hell are you in such a good mood?" Kaela asked as she sat next to me in the other seat.

"It's FRIDAY!" I shouted filling the whole car with my loud voice. She shook her head before I started the car and drove us both to school.

I jumped out of the car so quick that Kaela had barely undone her seat belt when I slammed the door.

I started to walk in but a car pulled in front of me quickly, almost running over me.

"WHAT THE FUCK?!" I yelled at the people as they got out of the car. I may have been in a good mood but I could still start an argument.

"I'm really sorry I didn't see you there," I heard a familiar accent say. I groaned there was no getting out of this now.

"I'm not hard to miss! Either you're blind or you're trying to kill me," I yelled at the blonde haired boy. He looked at me for a moment before shaking his head slightly, thinking I wouldn't see but I did, and then yelling back.