• 3 •

I knew that no one would come after me, no one needed to. Kaela knew that if she did, I would get more wound up and she needed to explain a few things to the boys.

I looked at myself in the mirror. My long brown hair was matted so I quickly tied it up in a messy bun and moved on to my face. My usually bright blue eyes were a dull grey and the area around it was red and puffy from my lack of sleep. I grabbed my makeup out of my bag and quickly applied some more to my face so you couldn't tell that I hadn't slept properly in two years. The bell rang and I let out a string of profanities, I had almost forgotten it was only lunch; there was one lesson left.

I packed up my stuff and slowly exited the toilets, making sure no one I knew was outside. I slipped out without being seen and made my way to class.

Luckily the teacher herself was late, so I made my way in without an argument. I went to sit in my usual seat to see it was taken by another girl. I stared at her for a second before I noticed that she wasn't even looking at me, she was looking at the person next to her. I flicked my eyes over to the seat which is usually free and saw Brown Eyes sitting there.

I rolled my eyes at how hormonal and stupid the girls were before starting to walk away and finding myself another seat. I didn't want to sit next to Brown Eyes anyway.

The lesson ended, after what seemed like days, and finally I made my way out of the classroom. I rushed to my locker and buried myself in my books, trying to find what I needed. When I located it, I threw the other books back and slammed the door behind me. I jumped out of my skin when I saw Brown Eyes standing there.

"Hey I'm sorry about Math... I just sat where there was a space, I didn't know it was your place, I could've asked the girl to move," he explained.

"But you didn't and I don't care, I was just shocked that's all," I said through gritted teeth.

"Well I'm sorry anyway, Hollie right?" he asked. I rolled my eyes, of course he remembered my name.

"Congrats you remembered a name on your first day." Giving him a small round of applause. I saw the corners of his mouth curl up into a small smile before he shook it off.

"Well I'm Calum," he said not being able to stop the smile raising on his lips this time.

"Oh that's good to know. Now what did you want? I do have places to go," I snapped. I actually did need to get to work. I worked at a local café and needed to be there at 4.

"I just, uh, wanted to apologise that's all, not just for math but for lunch as well," he stuttered, shuffling around slightly.

"Well that's nice, but, like I said, I've got to go. I have to get to work," I replied before turning around and practically crashing into Purple. "Oh great! You're here," I retorted looking up into his green eyes. I quickly looked away and pushed past both of them, out of the school.

*******

I heard the café door open again and looked up to see my tiny friend standing there smiling at me sheepishly.

"Hey," she said as she walked over to me.

"What."

"Don't start this with me. I tried to get them to stop talking to you, that's all," she explained.

"Whatever, it's done now," I replied, walking out from behind the counter to hug her.

"So how was your last period?" I rolled my eyes before I began.

"It was awful! Brown Ey- I mean Calum was sat in the space next to my seat so Milly and that lot were practically swarming around him." Milly and her 'gang' were the populars of our year and obsessed over anything with a penis and a pretty face. "So I had to sit at the front of the class, where they usually sit and it was just awful," I explained.