Two

Song~ Jesus Christ by Brand New❤️

~Ryder

"So, how was Senior Scribe?" My brother asks me the next morning whilst he fixes my coffee. Yeah, I know what you're thinking, '17 year olds shouldn't e drinking this much caffeine.' I am walking proof of how fucked up drinking coffee at a young age makes you:

•no amount of sleep satisfies me
•terrible headaches that only go away if I have caffeine or go to sleep
•always tired
•terrible insomnia

"Fine, I guess." I shrug, sitting at the island table thing.

"I know you wish Allison and Isaac were there." He says, putting the cup in front of me. I grab a traveling cup thing, and put it in there so I can take it to school.

"Guess who's back in Beacon Hills." I begin. He gives me a questioning look.
"Theo. Theo fucking Raeken"

"Ohmygod, dude, did you guys-" "I want nothing to do with him, Aaron." I have to cut him off because I know where we going with this.

"Look, I know you took his leaving-really hard, but maybe-" "No. Don't you dare. He said specifically 'I want to join your pack' so he obviously came back for Scott and Stiles. I don't wanna know how he got the bite. I don't want him back in my life, Aaron. People always leave."

***

As I walk into AP Bio, I see Scott, Kira, Lydia have already found seats.

Wait, Scott?

Lydia smiles at me as I walk over to Scott. "Uh, Scott? You do know what class this is, right?"

"AP Bio." He smiles, making Kira chuckle.

"And you do know what AP stands for, don't you?" Lydia chimes in.

"Advanced Placement."

I hear a chuckle, and I look up. Really? REALLY. Theo's in this class?
He smiles at me, motioning for me to sit down. I look around, an that's the ONLY seat left.

I look at Lydia, and she mouths "sorry." Giving a loud groan as my response, I take the seat. "You look beautiful, by the way." He whispers in my ear. I roll my eyes at his attempt to make me feel better, and take a sip of my coffee.

Finally, our teacher starts class..

"Okay, Plasmids. What are they?" Ms. Finch asks. I don't even have to look up to know it's Lydia that answers the question. "They are circular, self-replicating, DNA molecules often used in cloning proteins."

"Good," she smiles in approval. "What vitamin is absorbed in the stomach via partial cell production of a glycoprotein?"Lydia's eyes grow wide, knowing she doesn't know the answer.

I raises hand, something I rarely do because I like to keep a low profile. "B-12?"

"Correct, Ryder." She again, smiles. She goes on about Scott as his college choices, and I tune her out.

"I guess I shouldn't have to ask why you're still so short. Still drinking coffee." Theo says, taking my mug and taking a sip out of it. I just gasp, like this kid REALLY had the nerve.

"Who else thinks they're in the right class?" Ms. Finch asks. Theo raises his hand, along with others in the class.

"I don't think I belong anywhere." I whisper to myself. I see from the corner of my eye, Theo looking at me with a sad look. He takes my left hand and intertwined it with his. I actually feel something inside...warmth?

No no. I don't catch feelings anymore, I run from them. And remember, I hate this kid.

"Ryder?" Ms. Finch says, I guess regarding my upraised hand.

"I don't know." I say in a small voice. She gives me a small smile, then continues.

"There will be a test to help you determine if you should be in this class." Insert groans throughout the class. "You have two weeks to drop this class if you think you shouldn't be here."

The bell finally rings, and I gather my stuff and head to my locker.

***

"Scott, why am I even here? I could care less about this whole situation, to be honest." I yell at Scott, ignoring Theo and Stiles.

"We just need to hear him out." Scott sighs. I cross my arms over my chest as Theo goes into how he got the bite and how Scott assured Theo that he'd be okay after his asthma attack. He finished, allowing Stiles to make an annoying comment about what he just said.

My heart kind of broke for the kid when he said, "Lone wolves, they don't make it on their own." Because I know the feeling.

They don't make it on their own.

"I'm still the same kid from fourth grade," he continues. "I thought you were too." That part, he looks me in the eyes, and again, I get this warm feeling.

No.
No.
No.

I will not fall for Theo Raeken.