Ten

Song: Ghost in the Mirror by Motionless in White💀🔥

~Ryder

'Donovan not dead. Walked out'

He paces back and forth.

'Donovan dead'

'Someone took the body'

"Stiles, you need to call Malia!" I tell him. He can't just ignore his girlfriend.

He starts breathing heavy as he erases the board.

"Stiles?" I say, softly, putting a hand on his injured shoulder. He screams and throws the eraser at the board, making me flinch. "Stiles, it was self-defense." I tell him, pulling him to me and hugging him.

*45 minutes earlier*

Third Person POV

"Stiles, I think it's time to retire Rosecoe."

"Hey, no one gets left behind, okay? No one."

"Whatever you say. I can't believe you took me out of my Pretty Little Liars marathon. It's been 5 years and I still don't know who A is!" Ryder goes on in a rant.

She suddenly stops. Someone's running towards them, and fast. "Stiles, look out!" Ryder screams as someone attacks him from behind. He pushes her to the ground, making her knee and side where her stitches are hurt really bad.

A Wendigoed out Donovan starts attacking with his hand, which looks exactly how his mouth looks. Ryder stands up, and hits him with one of Stiles' tools. He puts her on his back and they run into the school.

Stiles used his library key card to get them in, and they hide. He wraps his arms around Ryder, and puts his hand over her mouth so she doesn't scream.
"Stiles, you dropped your phone." Donovan says out loud. "Its Malia, should I text her back?"

"You don't really know who I am, do you, Ryder and Stiles? Maybe you heard about my father. Did your dad tell you about him?" Ryder closes her eyes, thinking she could block it all out. It clearly doesn't workout in her favor. "Did Sheriff Stilinski ever tell you about the time he was still Deputy, and how his partner got caught in a shoot-out? Did he tell you a bullet shattered my dad's T-9 Vertebra? Went right through his spinal cord.." Tears start streaming down Ryder's face as Donovan continues his story. "You know what that means? It means berthing below his waist is useless, and not just his legs."

The next thing that happens is utter chaos. Ryder will never get Donvans last words out of her head "Don't worry, Stiles, I'm not going to kill you. I'm just gonna eat your legs." And after that, he's dead.

"Ry?" Stiles says in a weak voice. "I-I didn't-" She cuts him off by hugging him.

"It's not your fault. He would have killed you." She whispers.

"And you.."

Third person over

Stiles' phone goes off, and puts it on speaker.

"Someone's stealing the bodies"

***

"The providing science perspective and invaluable insight, this book is dedicated to Dr. Gabriel Valack."

"Do you guys know him?" Theo asks.

"Yeah, and I know where we can find him."

"Okay, Scott who has the original book? I can finish it by last block." I ask Scott before he leaves. Theo give me a questionable look. "I'm a really fast reader. I read the entire Harry Potter series, for the 4th time, in 1 week."

It's true, I'm a fast reader. What can I say? I'm a bookworm.

"I think either Malia or Lydia." He gives me small smile, then leaves.

Sighing, I look in my bag for my pills. Once again, I can't open the damn cap because I'm trembling. Stupid anxiety.

Theo takes the bottle, and holds both my hands in his before he opens the bottle. "It's anxiety."

"What?" He asks, giving me the pills.

"I know you like to check up on how I'm feeling. I'm feeling a shit load of anxiety." I take my pills with a can of Red Bull.

"You shouldn't take those with that." He says, taking the bottle. "It even says it on here."

"I'm fine." I say, taking the pills back and stuffing them into my locker.

"I can can hear your heart beating, and it's abnormally fast."

I try to walk away, but he pulls me back, actually making me lose my footing and I drop my crutches. I almost fall, but he catches me. "Talk to me.." I just shake my head and push him away. I get my crutches and leave him in the locker room.

I find Lydia at her locker, along with Malia...great. "Hey Lyds!" I shout in the middle of the hallway. Her face lights up, and she comes over to me. "You have the Dread Doctors book, right?"

"Yeah, Malia and I-" "Don't care. I'll give it back to you by the end of the day." I say cutting her off.

She tries her best to keep a happy face as she gives me the book. "Look, I know you're not on good terms with anyone in the pack. I totally get why you only trust Scott now. I get why you and Theo are growing closer...and I totally get why you don't hang out with us anymore..but you're still my best friend. Malia and Kira can't replace you or Allison. I've already lost one of my best friends, I just don't want to lose another." And with that, she walks away...leaving me speechless.

I look down at the book, and sigh. "Looks like I have a date with the Dread Doctors..."