Twenty-Four

Song: We Only Come Out At Night by Motionless in White☠

~Theo

"Hey, what happened to your face?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Your face. Right here." Ryder points to my bruised jaw, where Malia punched me.

Repeatedly.

"Theo, just tell me what happened."

"I got in a fight with a Were-Coyote."

"Stop the truck."

"Wait, what?"

"STOP THE FUCKING TRUCK, THEO." Ryder yells.

I smash on the breaks, and she gets out the truck.

"Where are you going?" I ask, getting out. She starts walking the opposite way. "Ryder!" I make an attempt to pull her back by the wrist, but she's able to shove me away.

She's getting stronger.

Perfect.

"Ryder..calm down." I tell her. She takes a step back as I take a step forward.

"Don't touch me." She almost says in a growl.

"You're angry..I get it. Just let me help you. You need to learn control."

"Control? I don't NEED control!" She screams. "I live off-" "If you don't learn how to control it, it can kill you! Remember what happened to Stiles?"

"I am NOT STILES. I HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE!"

"What about me? Huh? What about Aaron? Do you even know what's going on with Kira?" I yell. I take a step towards her, and she takes another step back. "In Native American mythology, there's the story about Skin Walkers. A Skin Walker can take any form of animal it desires. If Kira didn't pass the test, she would have had to stay there and become one. Her foxfire is becoming strong, just like yours. The Oni won't come after you, but that won't stop the Dread Doctors from stopping you, even if I tell them you're mine. I protect you. You're not like the rest of them.."

"H-how do you know all of this?"

"I'm friends with a blind ex-demon wolf."

"D-Deucalion is back?!"

"He's helping me with a favor."

"Which is?"

"That's not really important. Right now, I need to help you gain control."

"The only thing I want to do right now is beat the living shit out of Malia."

"Can we discuss this in the truck, please?" I ask, holding out a had for her. She gives me a small smile, then takes it and we get back into the truck.

***

"Your brother is being released. Melissa has been taking good care of him, and he wants to see you."

"So you and Stiles are best friends now?"

"Hey, when you were busy with Malia, he helped me when I almost killed my brother, so back off, Theo."

"Are you serious?" I ask, closing the book in my hand. We're currently in the school library right now. She turns her back to me, so I put wrap my arms around her waist, putting me chin on her shoulder so I can kiss her neck.

"We're in the library!" She giggles.

"That hasn't stopped me before." I say. I bite her neck, then I turn her sound and smash my lips on hers. I quickly let go because I hear Scott and Stiles coming.