Eighteen

Song: Monster by Of Mice & Men

~Ryder

"Hey, sorry. Had trouble with starting the Jeep again. Things barely holding on." Stiles goes on to tell Scott. Scott and I just stand there. I'm not sure what's going on, or why Scott is acting so weird right now. And tbh, I don't think this whole thing is gonna go down too well. It's freaking raining...everyone knows nothing good happens in Beacon Hills when it rains.
"Couldn't get in touch with Lydia or Malia."

"Uhh, Scott?" I say out loud. Scott looks at me, the. I look at Stiles, who looks at me, then back to Scott. Scott holds up something..it looks like-a wrench?

WAIT.

"Where did you get that?" Stiles asks.

Scott holds it out to Stiles, telling him, "This is yours."

"I was there when you killed Donovan."

Mother fucking Theo Raken must have stolen that and given it to Scott. That's what they must have been talking about on our way to Sinema!

"Why didn't you tell me?" Scott asks.

"Scott listen, you don't know the whole story." I tell him.

"I couldn't."

"You killed him. You killed Donovan."

"He-he was going to kill my dad. And me. And Ryder. Was I supposed to just let him?" Stiles asks, his voice raising a little.

"You weren't supposed to do this. None of us are." Scott says.

"You think he had a choice?" I ask Scott. "Donovan's a fucking psychopath, dude."

"There's always a choice."

"Yeah, well I can't do what you do, Scott." Stiles yells. "I know you wouldn't have done it. Probably would have figured out something, right?"

"I try..."

"Yeah, bECAUSE YOURE SCOTT MCCALL. YOURE THE TRUE ALPHA." Stile yells, literally freaking me out. I have never seen him so angry. "GUESS WHAT? ALL OF US CANT BE TRUE ALPHAS. SOME OF US HAVE TO MAKE MISTAKES. SOME OF US HAVE TO GET OUR HANDS A LITTLE DIRTY. SOME OF US ARE HUMAN."

"So you had to kill him?" Scott asks him.

"Scott, he was gonna kill my dad. And Ryder."

"Scott, listen. It's not-" "The way it happened.." Scott says, cutting me off. "It gets to the point where it's just not self defense anymore."

"Scott, I was there!" I yell at Scott. "I fucking saw everything, okay? If you don't believe YOURE BEST FRIEND, believe me!"

"What are you talking about? I didn't have a choice!" Stiles yells. "You don't believe me, do you?"

"...I want to."

"Okay, alright, so believe me then." Stiles says. My heart literally breaks because Scott doesn't say anything.

"Scott?" I say.

"Scott, say you believe me."

Scott still doesn't say anything.