Eleven

Song; Lullabies by All Time Low💔❤️

~Ryder

Night time comes around, and I find myself at the school library, working on a drawing. Besides Malia, the rest of the guys went to talk to Valack at Eichen, one place I'm not too fond of. Stiles and Scott would even let me argue with them about me going.

My brother was supposed to picks up half an hour ago, but he's caught up at work.

"What are you drawing?" A voice says. I look up and it's Theo.

"Nothing." I say, changing my sitting position so he can't see it. I'm actually drawing him. I'm not even sure why, it just happened.

He sits down and holds up his pre-calc book. "You don't mind, do you?"

"It's a free country."

"Did you finish the book?" He asks.

"Within an a hour. I didn't really understand it." I shrug.

*30 minutes later*

I check my phone and Aaron texted me he'll be another hour. I just tell him I'll catch a ride from Scott. I stand up, and start packing my stuff. "I'm taking off." I tell Theo as I put my art stuff away.

"Need a ride?" He asks.

"I'll take the bus."

"The last one already left."

"Then I'll walk." I say, getting annoyed.

"You really think I'd let you walk through Beacon Hills alone...at night?" He asks, standing up and putting his stuff away.

"Dude, it's Beacon Hill." I chuckle as I shake my head.

"Exactly. Let's go. He orders, grabbing bag.

"As long as I can drive!" I yell after him. He gives me his famous smirk as he throws me the keys.

"Don't crash my truck." He says when we get to the truck. I puts stuff in the back, then we drive off.

"How come you didn't go with Scott?" He ask, about 10 minutes into the car ride.

"They wouldn't let." I shrug.

"I wouldn't either."

"I can take care of myself." I tell him.

"Oh really? You can't even manage crutches and a bottle of pills. And you don't have to drive so slow." He smirks.

"I'm doing the speed limit." I frown at him.

"No one does the speed limit. You can go a little faster. And here," He puts his hands over him, moving them down a little on the wheel. My heart starts beating faster, and I'm pretty sure he's listing because he smirks again.

That's when it happens.

I hear the voices of that night.

Lydia's scream. Scott crying. Allison telling Scott she will always love him.

I don't even realize I'm clutching the wheel tighter, and pressing the gas harder.

"Okay, I said a little faster..not Mach 5." Theo says, awkwardly laughing.

"I can't take your pain away..."

"It's because it doesn't hurt.

"Ryder, you okay?"

"Ryder, stop the car! Stop the damn car!" Theo yells and tries to grab the wheel. I jerk away from him, causing the car to swerve, making him hit the window. I smash on the breaks, then get out.

*flashback*

"No no no no! You should of killed me. It should of been me!"

"She can't be dead! She can't!"

"It's okay. I'm in the hands of someone I love. Someone I'll always love. I love you, Scott McCall."

"Dont. Please don't!"

"You have to-you have to tell my dad. You-you-"

*flashback over*

"Come one Ry, we have to move!" Theo yells, grabbing my and pulling me out of the way of the car coming towards us. "What the hell was that?" He asks,t body pressed to him. I start crying, because of that night.

Because of Allison.

Because of Scott.

"I can't- I can't breathe." I tell him, trying to get out of his grip.

"Okay, okay. Calm down. It's okay. Count with me, okay?" He says, holding up his hands. "How many fingers?"

"On-one."

"Keep going, two? How many fingers am I holding up, Ry?"

"Two."

"Three."

"F-four."

"Five."

"Keep going. You're almost done."

"Six."

"Seven."

"E-eight."

"Nine."

"Ten."

My breathing does start to slow down, so does my heartbeat. "You're okay." He says, pulling me into a a hug. He helps me back into his truck, and then drives off.

Not even 3 minutes later, it starts to rain

"We were trying to save Stiles."

"What are you talking about?" He asks.

"The was a Nogitsune-it took over Stiles' body and made him void. The Oni, they fight off void spirits. We didn't realize that until it Kira's mom explained everything to us." This is where I get choked up. "That night, the night we were able to separate Stiles from the Nogitsune, it took Lydia away. Stiles figured out it wasn't all real-when it threatened that Stiles needed to sacrifice himself to save everyone. I was too busy worrying about Stiles, that I forgot about Allison and the Oni. She figured out a way to kill them. She did it, her plan actually worked. I rushed to help, but I got there too late. I managed to take one down, and that same one was the one that killed Allison."

"You don't have to continue...I'm so sorry." Theo laces my left hand with his right, trying to make me feel better.

"Can we stop here, please?" I ask as we pass Beacon Hills Cemetary.

"It's raining.."

"It's okay."

He nods and pulls the car over. I get out and head in a familiar direction, after I pick 2 flowers from a nearby bush.

I first stop at someone I considered second mom. Claudia Stilinski.

"Who's this?" Theo asks.

"Stiles' mom." I say, looking up at him. I bend down and place the flower on the ground, and kiss her headstone.

Next...the next one is the hardest.

Allison Argent

On her headstone, it says, "nous protégeons ceux qui ne peuvent se protéger."

"We protect those who cannot protect themselves.." Theo says out loud.

"Yeah." I say, choking up. I place the flower down and kiss her grave too before I completely break down in tears. "I'm so sorry." I say in between sobs.

"Hey," Theo says pulling me into a hug. "It's not your fault." He pulls away so I'm staring me him, and he wipes fave from tears and the rain.

Speaking of...I'm completely drenched.

"It's not your fault." Your fault, he says looking into my eyes. We again, have a moment...and that's when it happens.

He kisses me.

*SO DID ANYONE CATCH THAT REFERENCE I USED? 😂*