Twenty-Six pt 2

~Stiles

"What was that?"

"Wait, where's Ryder?"

"Why do I smell blood?"

Scotts the first one that runs out the clinic. I hear him scream, "Ryder, no!" And forget everything else that happened and run outside.

It's like it's all in slow motion. He's holding her stomach as she lays lifelessly in his arms.

"I can't-I can't take her pain away!"

"No-no no no no, hey, Ry," I say, taking her from him. "Hey, I'm here. You're going to be ok. Scott call 911!"

"I'm-I'm sorry." She wheezes.

"What did you do?!" I can't help but start crying. She can't leave me! This isn't how this works!

"Lydia-she's-" "You tried to kill yourself because of Lydia? Ryder, she's alive."

"Ca-call Theo-" With that, she stops moving.

"No-no-no, Ryder, wake up!" I yell. I gently lay her down and give her CPR.

"Put this on her." Deaton says as he comes outside. He gives me a oxygen mask to put on her to help her breathe. He examines her wound, and puts mistletoe all over it.

"What is that supposed to do?" I ask.

"It's help her healing process, and it'll buy her some time before the paramedics come."

"Scott says she's not human anymore..so what is she?"

"Her mother was a Empusa, and she passed some of its DNA down to her. The Dread Doctors were somehow able to resurrect a Nogitsune within her..one that is 100000xs stonger and powerful than what Noshiko created."

I'm about to say something, but the paramedics finally come. As I hep her onto the gurney, Deaton yells them her diagnostics, and they put her in the truck.

"She'll be ok, Stiles." Scott says as he walks over to me. "She'll be ok."

***

"Where is she?!" A very sweaty Theo Raken says, running into the hospital.

"She's in surgery. What exactly happened?" Melissa asks.

"She-she tried to kill herself. She walked away before she could see if Lydia was alive. We came too last." Scott says, shaking his head in shame.

"Scott, it's not your fault." Melissa says, hugging him. "I have to go, but I'll keep you updated."

So she walks away, Theo turns to Scott and I with tears in his eyes.

"Why aren't you guys with her?"

"We didn't know she left. By the time I got out there, it was too late."

"How bad is it? And why isn't she healing? She should of healed immediately."

"She's too weak."

"We have to wait until she's out of surgery to help her, there's no use freighting about it, now." Scott says. It's more of a promise, because he knows I'll go crazy if she doesn't make it.

"Where is she?! What happened?!" A running Aaron West yells as he's coming toward us.

"She tried to kill herself." Theo tells him.

"Please tell me you're kidding."

"I wish I could," Scott says, shaking his head. "She thought Lydia was dead..she-" "She thinks he's cheating death." Theo says, cutting him off.

"What are you talking about?" I ask him.

"She believes she should be the one that dies in place of her friends. Allison, Aiden, even Lydia." Theo wipes his eyes with the back of his sleeve. It's weird, like I don't like the guy, but seeing him cry over her just shows he truly loves her.

"There's more," I say, cutting in. "She's not human."

"What do you mean she's not human?" Aaron asks. We all look at Theo.

"When she found out about her mom, she was so angry. She decided that Scott and the rest of you never really cared about her, and I was just being the supportive boyfriend...she made me take her to the Dread Doctors and they turned her."

"Into what?"

"A Nogitsune. One 100000xs stronger than the one Noshiko created."

"Tell them the rest." Stiles urges me.

"That's all I know." I snap back at him.

"So you didn't know what her mother was? The Dread Doctors didn't tell you shes part Empusa?"

"No, they didn't. It's not like I kept the truth from her like all of you did. Maybe if you guys just told the truth to her from the beginning, none of this would have ever happened."

"Like you LIED to her about your sister?!" I yell at him.

"I DIDNT LIE TO HER!!!"

"Ok, stop!" Scott says, standing in between us. "What's an Empusa?"

"They feast on blood and flesh from the men they seduce." Aaron says.

"Wait, you know?" I ask.

"Peter told me. Peter was the one that helped me get her out of there after our father....Peter took us in and helped me get our own place so we can start over. Peter was the one that kept tabs on our father after we left him."

"Words I never thought I'd hear about Peter Hale.."

"So what now? We just wait until she's out of surgery? I can't wait that long!" Theo sits in the chair in the room we're in, and tears start streaming down his face again.

"Remember when Tracy tried to kill her?" Scott asks him. Theo nods his head. "She'll make it, Theo. You know she's a fighter."

"And what happens when there's no more fight left in her?"