Seven

Song: Complex Heart by Nevershoutnever!

~Ryder

"Can we get some help over here?!"

Melissa and Liam's stepdad hurry over to the spot where Theo is still carrying me, with a wheel chair. "What happened?" She immediately asks.

"He was teaching me how to skate, then I feel on my knee cap." I groan as Theo puts my in the chair. Liam's stepdad rips my skinny jeans to get a better look at my leg. As he's examining it, he's making it hurt again. Theo laces his fingers with mine to make me feel better, and it does...well, kind of.

"I'll take her to exam room 6." Melissa says. "Theo you push her and follow me. I should probably call your brother while we're at it."

When we get I the exam room, Theo helps me on the table and Liam's stepdad x-rays my knee as Melissa calls my brother. "Hey, you'll be okay. I'm not leaving you." Theo says, squeezing hand.

"Okay, it's looks like it's bruised really badly and you seem to have dislocated it. We're gonna have to put it back in place, then give you a knee brace to help it heal." Liam's stepdad says, putting the equipment away. "Theo, can you hold her down?"

"Hold me down?" I ask, confused. As soon he does it, I feel instant pain as my knee is snapped back into place. I scream, I swear it's louder than Lydia's scream.

"Melissa!" Liam's stepdad yells. She comes in, still on the phone. "I'm gonna get her some morphine." And with that, he leaves. I start crying, out of pain.

"Make it stop." I yell. I hurts worse than when I actually hurt myself. He looks at me with sad eyes, then back at Melissa, who's now off the phone.

"Can you?" She begins. He nods and takes the pain away. "Okay, your brother told me to sign you out, so I'll sign the discharge papers. I'll get the brace so you can leave." She says, leaving to look for Liam's stepdad.

"Are you okay?" Theo asks, sitting next to me on the exam table.

"We still have get to the clinic." I say, sighing.

"Stop thinking about everything else going on right now, and think about yourself. Are. You. Okay?"

Am I okay?

***

"I'll be back, I think you'd be safer here than the clinic.." Theo says, dropping of at the station.

"Be careful, okay?" I say looking at him. He pushed the hair out of my face and nods. I get my crutches and go inside. And I was not expecting what I saw.

"Ryder, get out! Go!" Lydia yells as a lizard-out Tracy climbs on the wall.
Oh my god, she's a-

Tracy lays eyes on me, then back to Lydia, then to Kira, who's trying to fight her off with her Katana.

"She's after my mom!" Lydia says, coming over to me. "She's after everyone who tried to-" "Lydia move!" I yell, pushing her out the way. Tracy's tail cuts into my side, instantly paralyzing me.

"Lydia, scream!" I try to get out as I'm lying on the floor, bleeding out. "Scream so Scott and Theo can hear you!"

She does so, and in the process, Tracy cuts her with her tail too. That's when Kira goes all Kitsune on Tracy and cuts her tail off. After that, she runs off.

Kira comes over to make sure I'm okay, but I tell her to look after Lydia. "Ryder, you're dy-" "Make sure Lydia is okay!" I tell her. She's reluctant at first, but then goes over to her.

The door bursts open, it's like everything's in slow motion. I try to make myself not seen, because of I die here, I'll be content. I tried to save my best friend. I tried to make it different this time, like how I could have saved Allison. The Oni should have killed me instead, but I was too late.

My vision is spotty, and it's like water is rushing through my ears.

"Where's Ryder!?!"

"Stiles, come on!"

"Go save Tracy..."

"Where the hell is Ryder?!"

"Scott?!"

"Stiles, go!"

"Ryder?"

"Stiles, we have to go!"

"St-Stiles, I'm okay. Listen to Lydia."

"THEO!"

I feel pressure on my side, and the last thing I remember before blacking out is the way Stiles looked at me when he found me.

"She's dying..."