Master

Beep....beep....beep

The thumping of the irregular heartbeat had disturbed the tranquillity filled ambience.

Our latest discovery laid peacefully on the stainless steel examination bed.

Jessica hart.

That was her name, it hadn't taken my men very long to get some answers. Of course a lot of bribery and beatings had occurred in the process but they had done me proud.

I stood quietly in the white room, carefully observing the current exercise being taken place.

Erin had been commissioned the role of our Doctor when she first arrived here nearly 27 years ago, she was a vampire like us and a very good friend. Her skills had saved my ass more time then I care to remember, her unique ability to cure and heel us supernatural beings is what has kept her around so long.

Thanks to our antics she has previous experience in all sorts of injuries, whether they were self inflicted, battle wounds or in this case the work of the devil.

Her time with various other beings such as the witch Rosalie, had made her an expert in identifying the specific injuries, making our hunting a lot easier.

Her pale face was scrunched up as she probed and picked at the corpse.

"What's the deal then?" I question, removing my hands from my pockets and resting them on the steel table.

Erin had raised her head up, chocolate brown eyes came into sight as she flicked her mousy blonde hair out of her view.

"Patience Mr Stone" she vocalised.

A small playful smirk appeared on her face, causing me to internally roll my eyes.

It was obvious that she had some sort of attraction to me, the constant need for my approval and attention had proved my theory correct.

A small smile creeped on my lips as I recalled Erin's horror and hatred when she had been informed of the finding of my mate. Distaste and envy replaced her usual calm and collected demeanour. She was a very attractive lady and her attempts to lure me into her bed were applaudable, but there wasn't anything special about her, she was easily forgettable and that's not for me.

"3 hours ago I would of kept my mouth shut but now I think you're taking the piss"

"I would of gotten things done a lot quicker if I didn't have you breathing down my neck like some sort of lunatic" she retaliates.

"Well"

"It's going to take time alright, this is dark magic on the next level. I haven't seen these marking before, they represent some sort of claiming you know like when a vampire bites a victim they leave the fangs marks. These are unusual, there's some type of black venom that travels in the veins, here come and look but don't touch, this stuff is acidic and poisonous whoever did this was hoping one of you would sink your teeth into this"

"Then what?" Chris speaks up from behind me.

"Well, it's bye bye birdie. This shit will kill you in seconds and the worst part is that it smells like human blood making it harder to resist and almost impossible to detect"

I near closer to the body, abiding Erin's instructions of not touching anything. As I got closer I had began to recognise the faults I failed to notice before, the black substance had managed to leak into her eyeballs making them less appealing then before.

Leaning in closer, I inhale the grotesque scent making sure to familiarise myself with the stench.

"Are you certain this is demon work?"