Bad idea?

His statement had caught me off guard leaving me unprepared for his next actions.

Ivan had shifted his body forward and swung his arm in my direction, I hadn't had enough time to come to my senses resulting in his balled up fist to to come in contact with my arm.

The sudden numbness in my arm was bearable but it still hurt, I had used my bruising limb as a distraction from Ivan. For starters I did not expect any words to be spoken today, so when he stated that he wouldn't hurt me 'again' my heart had fallen out of my ass at that point.

My brain buzzed as I attempted to make sense of Ivan's words, he could of referred to my training but then there was the possibility of it meaning that he wouldn't hurt me in the emotional way like when we were together. If it's the second one then that must mean that he wants another chance to make things work, hopefully now I will get my explanation and an apology.

"You hit me" I blankly state, having finally regained my senses.

"You're supposed to move" he responds.

"And you're supposed to say go"

"Well you're supposed to be paying attention " he snaps back

"You're not supposed to hurt me remember, that didn't take long did it...what was it 5 seconds!"I argued.

Out of anger and frustration I threw my fist into Ivan's direction, he only missed my hand by a few inches.

His eyes widened with amusement as he stepped to the side.

"You can fight?" He questioned

"Yes, one of Rosalie's clients taught me" I respond, swinging my leg round.

Ivan jumped back missing my hit once again. Frustration was building up at a rapid speed as we moved around the ring.

Ivan had made no effort to fight back, his attention was focused on me.

I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't enjoying this right now, I had missed Ivan very much and it had decreased my anger towards him when he was in the kind and playful mood. Things hadn't been as awkward or dramatic as I thought they would and that was kind of comforting.

However nothing in our relationship would last very long and I was waiting for things to go south.

We both continued to move around the ring, as time went on I was getting a lot more comfortable and my confidence was growing. I had now became more aware of my surroundings and wasn't a cautious as before when it came to trying to hit Ivan. Each time I was getting closer but Ivan would always dodge my attempt frustrating me further.

I let out a frustrated sigh and dropped my hands down.

His eyes searched mine hoping to find some answers to why my demeanour had switched.

"I thought you were supposed to be training me, I haven't gotten any better and I'm starting to get tired" I confess

"I'm sorry, I wasn't expecting you to talk to me let alone agree to come into the ring. My mind isn't in the right place at the moment"

"Well that makes two of us" I respond

Stepping out the ring I grab my cold water bottle and take a few sips. Ivan remained in the ring, he was shifting his weight from one foot to another as if he was anxious.

"There isn't enough time for any bullshit so I'll make this quick, we both have issues we need to sort out and we really need to talk. I don't know how you want to do this but I'd like to take you out to dinner sometime this week" he vocalised.