Return

NO!

I had returned from a place that had become hell to me or at least I thought I was back, it didn't look like how I remembered but it felt the same. I knew who summoned me, it would only be a matter of time before he showed his face. My breathing was short and unsteady at this point, few words sprung to mind as I made no attempt to move.

How is this happening? Everything seemed so real, Ivan was with me moments ago. Well at least I thought he was, I brushed my stray hairs from my face and began patting myself down.

I ran my hands down my thighs and along my arms checking to see if I was still present. I was puzzled at what just happened, there is no way I could be conscious at this moment in time. I could see the dried blood in the faint light splattered up my arm. I viciously scrubbed my hand on my leg trying to remove the horror from my memory.

My breathing became irrational and my train of thought flew back to the terror I had just witnessed. I quickly backed up against the wall behind me, tripping over a stray object I hit the floor with a thud. The clinking of the objects came crashing down onto the hard stone floor causing me to jump, the sheer panic and insanity of the situation sent me into some kind of panic attack.

I jumped up to my feet and spun In a 360 degree circle frantically searching  for a way out. The familiar surroundings had slowly become unrecognisable and the stone heavy walls began to close in, I stumbled in to the centre of the room and I rushed out an opening what I assumed was a hall.

My feet moved quickly down the dark hall, my head twisted left to right desperately searching for something... anything that would get me out of this nightmare . I darted from side to side in and out of multiple rooms, the halls twisted turned like a sick demented maze.

The faint outline of an old door came into my view, quickly making my way over I aggressively banged on the wooden object, I pulled hard on the handle but it didn't budge, I used all my strength but it didn't even jiggle not a single bit.

Then suddenly...

Every single bone in my quivering body seized up, my airwaves glued shut preventing a single drop of oxygen from leaving or entering my lungs. A sound so demonic one could only describe it as being inhuman and not from this world, grumbled in the distance behind me. It felt like I had been plucked from a fairytale fantasy land and dropped into my very worse nightmare, it felt like I was in a cheap horror movie.

I knew there was something behind me I could feel it, I knew better than to turn around at look but as usual my eyes betrayed me and I slowly turn my head to the left looking over my shaking shoulder.

I kept my movement slow and steady pushing my back against the door I stared fearfully at the darkness, my eyes darted around the emptiness until they locked onto the two blood reds orbs that stared back at me. The fear was crippling and I was desperate for an escape, fearful for my life I felt my self doing something i never thought I would do.

With the last inkling of courage I had left I called out, my voice was desperate and full of plead.

"Tobias!"

His name felt foreign on my tongue but it brought me a sense of relief and hope that he would come to my rescue in my time of need.

"Help me" the words came out as a whisper as I watched the eyes inch closer towards me.

I took a shaky step forward in attempt to scare the beast away, a loud growl came in response. The orbs moved closer and closer until I could see the creature, the red eyes belonged to a beast I'd never seen before.

It gave the appearance of a large wolf, it stood on four legs and its fur was charcoal black, it's eye-line was direct with mine, it was huge in stature easily capable of ripping me into pieces. It inched closer and I retreated, by back pressed up against the hard surface. Snarling it's long jagged teeth at me it moved closer.