The return

Rogues POV

I had fitted nicely in my new life and new routine, I had gotten used to getting up early to help with Rosalie's clients and preparing food as well as potions and remedies.

When I first arrived here a couple months back, Rosalie had excepted me in with open arms. She took care of me and was my shoulder to cry on, she never rushed me into getting over Ivan instead she let me deal with it myself and offered advise if needed.

I missed him A LOT. I thought about him all the time, I could never really shake him out of my mind and that's what drove me insane. I don't want to think about him, I don't want to miss him, I don't want to be with him anymore.

It had been so long since I had seen him that everyday it made it a lot easier to forget him.

I detached myself from him, I learned to live without him and I taught myself to hate him. So far it has kept me going and that was good enough for me.

Things got kind of boring around here, I had read more books in two months then I had in my entire life. My fitness levels were through the roof, I had worked out everyday going for runs and lifting heavy objects, one of Rosalie's clients was a warrior and he trained me to fight in return I made him some remedies to take home with him. I also had been studying with Rosalie's old school books as well as various different witch spell books. Of course I could never use them but I was like a back up source in case she had ever forgotten them.

I got a job at a nearby vegetable farm, it was decent pay and it kept me busy. On the weekend we would sell them in the town and I would bring the leftovers home for Rosalie and I to use.

The time was 5:36 and I was getting ready to go home at 6 o'clock. Work wasn't exactly the most exciting of things to do, so when it came to leaving I made it my mission to go on time, 6:01 it completely unacceptable I don't get paid for over time.

The last half an hour dragged like crazy, I said goodbye to my co workers and collected my stuff. I disposed of my apron and dirty gloves, tossing them to side ready for the cleaners to take care of them.

Pushing through the doors I began the short tedious walk back to Rosalie's home. The short cut through the field was always the best option for me, it was quicker enough to get home and longer enough to let me think.

Ever since the rejection of Ivan, I had become prone to the constant pondering and hopeless day dreams, i would find myself comparing the most absurd things to Ivan. It became an unwanted habit that didn't want to budge.

Time had flew by and I was now nearing my current home. Stepping in and discarding my belongings in the door way, I near the island table and placed the fresh bag of greens neatly down.

"Rosalie, I got the greens that you wanted. I wasn't sure on the quantity so I took what I could carry" I lightly informed.

I sat patiently waiting for a reply.

"Rosalie?" I called out slightly louder.

The relaxed ambience remained as I continued to reluctantly linger around. Normally I would look around to see her but she has had a spike in visitors lately all of which required her witch expertise.

I blew out an impatient sigh, swinging my legs around and sliding of the seat I walk towards the flight of stairs.

Tugging and twiddling on the ends of my hair I call out for her.

"Rosalie are you here?"

A loud thump echoed throughout the small home, the sudden vibration shook the ceiling causing the rusting antique chandelier to awkwardly swing.