Ch. 2 Golden Eyed Doctor

Forks, Washington is much smaller than Atlanta. The small home town dinner seemed foreign to me compared to The Capital Grille back at home. As we drive more into town I notice Cameron get more upset about living in such a small town, as expected. Mitchell, on the other hand, is grinning from ear to ear, ecstatic that we are going to be living in his home town.

Ever since we entered Washington a strong magnetic pull came over my body. The connection seemed to worsen as we entered town, it sends waves through me like electric currents. When we pass by a two story house, with a silver Volvo in the drive way, the connection seemed to reach its peak. We quickly speed away and finally the connection dims down.

"This is it." Cameron said while clapping his hands together.

Cameron was pretty furious that Mitchell wanted to move back to his home town but he got over it once Mitchell told him he is able to design the new house. He spent two months designing the house, it would have taken him longer if Mitchell didn't set a deadline. Those two months where the worst, 'do we need a patio', 'wallpaper or paint', and last but not least, "beige blush or devon cream'. I now know to not say 'I don't know dad, they both look the same to me', that sent him into a frenzy of how no body in the house notices how much thought he puts into his work. Mitchell and I hid out in his office for two days until Cameron came in asking me if he could design my room.  I set my foot down, I did not want my room to look like a Disney princess threw up all over it.

"Nice job Dad, it looks great." I tell Cameron as we get out of Mitchell's Bentley.

"It does, doesn't it."Papa Cameron stated while smirking.

I look at Papa Mitchell and notice him roll his eyes, which caused me to giggle.

"Yes Cam, it looks lovely."

Mitchell throws his arm over my shoulder as we make our way in through the glass doors. Just as I thought, the inside of the house is extraordinary.  The movers set up everything so no brown moving boxes were in sight. The black grand piano, I spent many of nights learning, sat by a big open window. The elegant white couch sits perfectly in the spacious living room with the matching love seat. The flat screen t.v., that Mitchell and I watch most game nights, hangs above a brick fire place. Art work hangs up through out the house along with many picture of me they have taken over the years. Our family picture hangs over an archway leading to the elegant stair way. The kitchen is spacious and the color theme is a dark grey, a total opposite from the rest of the house.

"Wow Cam this is amazing." Mitchell utters while rubbing his hand on the smooth garnet counter top.

"Well thank you, it actually-" Cameron adds before getting interrupted by yours truly.

"Yeah, yeah, we get it dad." I imply, "Now where is the garage, I need to see if my baby made it in one piece."

Cameron looks at me with wide eyes while pointing at the door  ajar from the stair case. I quickly give my dads a kiss before leaving the kitchen to greet my baby.

"She gets that from you." I hear Papa Cameron utter before I leaped into the garage.

The Garage was a big disappoint to the rest of the house. At the old house the garage was just as big as the downstairs of the house, which was gigantic. I spent a lot of time in the old garage teaching myself about cars and my powers. Of course I didn't do it at the same time, that would be a total catastrophe. My thoughts go out the window as I notice my shiny black 1969 ford mustang boss 429 sitting right before me. My dads bought me this car for my sixteenth birthday, after so much begging and pleading. It was a fixer upper but I had it fixed in week. The car that they actually got me for my 16th birthday sits right next to my black beauty. The Ferrari 488 GTB  may look magnificent to some but to me, it looks like some fancy car. Cameron thought I would have loved that car and ordered it with out consulting Mitchell. That's why when I begged them for my mustang it took so long to get Cameron on bored. Oh how I wish I took a picture of Mitchell's face when the Ferrari showed up.

"Amelia, lets go!" Mitchell bellows from somewhere in the house.

A long sigh leaves my mouth as I leave the garage. You see, Mitchell thought its a wonderful idea to bring us to the hospital with him so we could meet all of his colleges. Cameron was all for the idea but I am not a really big people person and I couldn't seem to talk Mitchell to letting me stay home. He told me and I quote, 'You need to see what its like being in the working world, you will be graduating in less then a year'. Mitchell thinks I am going to become a Doctor like him but I don't have the heart to tell him I want to be a writer and travel.

"Lets get this over with." I declare while walking past them and out the door.

Mitchell's laugh bounces off the walls and I can tell this is going to be a long evening of 'this is my daughter, she going to Harvard Medical school next year'. I always tell him not get his hopes up but it seems to just go in one ear and out the other. Don't you love it when parents ignore everything you say.

***

Hospitals, oh how I hate them. They all smell like death and old people. I have meet half of the hospital staff already and I'm more than ready to go home. We have been here more than a hour because Mitchell and Cameron can't seem to keep their mouths shut. Most of the nurses like to stare at me and some even give me dirty looks as if I have done something to offend them. I now understand why men say women are hard to figure out, I'm a women and I don't understand them.

"-and this is our daughter Amelia." Mitchell's voice brought me out my thoughts.

A blonde hair doctor looks down at me with a polite smile. His golden eyes bore holes into mine as I stare at him like a gaping fish.

"Sorry, she is very shy." Cameron tells the mysterious doctor while bumping my shoulder.

"That is quite alright, some of my kids are shy ." The doctor states while giving me an odd look.

I try to read his mind but all I hear is classical music. How the heck does he do that?

"Oh, you have kids Doctor Cullen?" Mitchell questions, intrigued by the fact he has kids.

"Five to be exact, they are around Amelia's age." Doctor Cullen explained.

My eyes grew wide because Doctor Cullen doesn't look a day over twenty three how could he have five kids who are in their late teens. He must have noticed my shocked face as he continued explaining his children.

"My wife and I adopted, we love them as they are our own."  Doctor Cullen explains, I look into his eyes and notice them turn black. What the heck?

"Amelia is adopted too." Cameron tells Doctor Cullen.

As if that was not obvious enough Papa Cameron, I don't think Doctor Cullen thought I came from a stork.

"Ah, well that is nice." Doctor Cullen tells us with a soft smile and then his pager went off. "Well it was lovely meeting you all, See you tomorrow Doctor Duchannes."

As Doctor Cullen leaves I hear Cameron huff. Mitchell and I turn around to give him our signature 'what now' look. 

"He obviously didn't like Amelia." Cameron exaggerates. 

Mitchell and I give each other a look and roll our eyes. It didn't seem to me that Doctor Cullen despised me but I am to tired to function at the moment. The only thing that was strange about him was that he has classical music in his head and his eyes magically turn black. Maybe he knows what I am and can help me, nah that would be impossible. Right?

*Authors note*

Picture of Amelia's dads on the side played by the wonderful Eric Stonestreet and Jesse Tyler Ferguson and of course their new house!