Ch.12 Angel

(Unedited)

Imprinting: Impress or stamp on a surface or body. That's the first thing that pops up in the dictionary. So when Jacob was trying to explain to me the imprinting process, I was more confused than a chameleon in a bag of skittles.

"So do you understand?" Jacob spoke up, interrupting my very detailed thought of a rainbow chameleon.

"So because you turn into a doggo-"

"A wolf." Jacob interrupts.

"Okay So because you turn into a "wolf","I say as my fingers make bunny ears on the word wolf, "you have this magical power that involuntary chooses your soulmate for you?"

"Strange way to put it, but yes." Jacob said in a confused but amused tone of voice.

The waves cause the water to rush towards my feet as I dig my toes deeper into the sand. Jacob begged for me to meet him at the la push beach to finally explain everything that happened the day Edward and Jacob got into a brawl. Agreeing to meet him here felt wrong but in some sense it felt right.

I had to beg my dads to let me leave the house. It was three weeks since the day Edward and Jacob had a fight club in the middle of the woods and after I stayed out all night and came home with a black eye they didn't want to take their eyes off me. Papa Cam drove me to school everyday and Papa Mitchell picked me up. As a senior I could say that was pretty embarrassing.

"Why did I have to meet you here for you to tell me that?" I ask as I stare at the sun dipping into the ocean like an Oreo dipping into a glass of milk.

"Because I needed to make sure Cullen wouldn't come in and ruin our moment."

"Our moment?" I snort out in a laugh, "Listen pretty boy, just because you did this fancy little imprint thing and never wear a shirt doesn't mean I'm magically going to fall in love with you!"

Jacob looked hurt, like he was expecting me to droll over him and his 'romantic' story of imprinting and then I'll kiss him in the sunset. I'll have to admit Jacob is a catch I mean his muscles would make any girl team Jacob but I can't get Edward out of my mind. There is this connection I have with him. My heart flutters when I'm with him. There's a slight pull when I'm with Jacob but when it comes to Edward it seems like I'm the earth and he's the sun. There isn't anything brighter than the sun right?

"It's because of Cullen isn't it?" Jacob mutters under his breath as he throws a stone into the ocean. "You know he loves Bella, right?"

Those words hit me like a slap in the face. No matter how many times I hear that, the sting of  truth gets worse every time it runs through my mind. It always brings me back to the night when Edward told me that the Cullens wanted nothing to do with me anymore. That there is only room for one human in their life. Stupid Isabella Swan.

*********
(Edward's POV)
*a week after the fight with Jacob*

Carlisle has locked himself in his office for the past week. When he's not at the hospitals he's in office going through all of his many books he has collected over his long lifetime. He has kept most of his thoughts blocked. One night he let his gaurd down and I heard him thinking of Amelia and something of a dangerous wepon against vampires. I havent been able to hear anything since then.

"I'm getting worried about him." Esme muttered as she wiped off the marble countertop in the kitchen that never gets used. "He never leaves his office anymore."

"It's ever since that other human came to Forks, Edward this is all your fault." Rosalie mutters while shooting me an icy cold glare.

As much as I would love to say this fault wasn't mine, she was right. I seem to be bringing lots of humans in the mess of our family, not only is it dangerous for Bella and Amelia, it's extremely dangerous for our family. The volturi gave as a chance with Bella, who knows what they would do if they found out about Amelia.