Ch.7 Destined to Fail

(Edward' POV)

A month. A whole month has passed since Amelia came to Forks. Alice has made it her mission to become best friends with Amelia and so far she is succeeding. Tonight after school she will be coming over to our house to meet Emmett and Rosalie. Carlise and Esme are on a hunting trip so this will be perfect timing.

Keeping the friendship with Amelia from Carlise is harder than we thought. We've decided to switch her name with Bella's every time we talk about her. Bella never comes around anymore because she is spending more and more time with Jacob so it always works out in the end.

"Edward, I'm telling you, Amelia and I are going to be best friends!" Emmett bellows out by the couch.

"Why would you want to be friends with a human anyway?" Rosalie spat out while flipping through her magazine.

Everyone rolled their eyes at Rosalie's typical response. It may seem like hates Amelia already but she is actually jealous of her. I'm pretty sure Rosalie would try about anything to become a human again.

"Behave Rose." Alice chimed in, "Besides her best friend status is already taking by yours truly."

I can't help but chuckle remembering the frighted look on Amelia's face when Alice claimed her friendship. What still bothers me is what she said afterwards. She claimed Alice wanted to eat her and that she had a dream about us the night prior. It sounds like the visions Alice has but every time we try to confront Amelia about this she shuts down. Whatever she is hiding it must be big, it seems like each side has a secret to keep.

"Think what you will Alice but we all know Edward and Amelia have become close."Jasper tells her while strolling in the room.

Alice shoots me the look in know all to well. You see, Alice has gotten in her mind that I have a crush on Amelia. I have tried to tell her that she is crazy but she keeps telling me she foresees me breaking up with Bella, so that must mean that I did it for Amelia. In reality, I have been thinking about breaking ties with Bella. She would be much more happier with Jacob, who has been growing closer to her everyday.

"I wouldn't say friends, would you Edward?" Alice spoke up with a smirk placed on her lips.

"Don't you people have anything else to do with your time besides talking about Amelia?" I grumbled while trying to walk away before getting stopped by Emmett's bear sized hand

"Well look at that, avoiding the question and sticking up for his lady, Edward is in love!" Emmett chuckled out.

Emmett's hand came off of my chest has I gave him a deadly glare. i begin leaving the room, fed up with my family's gossip for the day. It makes me wonder if Amelia coming tonight is a good idea. I have trouble enough helping her escape uncomfortable questions from Alice and now we are adding Emmett in the mix. This night is just destined to fail.

*********

(Amelia's POV)

Alice finished giving me a tour of their beautiful home. All of the open windows made the house even more beautiful with natural light from the cloudy Washington sky. Alice brought me back to the living room where the rest of the Cullens, besides Dr. Cullen and his Wife,  sat discussing something in whispers. The blond Cullen, Rosalie, looked up at me with disgust and jealously. My eyes quickly diverted to the warm golden eyes that have made my stomach turn since I saw them. 

"How was the tour short stuff?" The bear size Cullen, Emmett, questioned me while rubbing my head like a child.

"Your home is beautiful, my dad would be pretty jealous if he ever saw it." I muttered while playing with the hem of my sleeve.

The room grew quite with awkward silence as no one knew what to say. But soon enough the sound of  a dying whale erupted through the room.

My arms quickly covered my stomach as my face turned the shade of a tomato. Emmett's laughter boomed throughout the room. Rosalie rolled her eyes and begins flipping through a magazine. 

"I laid out some cheese and crackers for tonight, help yourself!" Alice chimed in.

Embarrassed, I walk over to the small table that has a wonderful spread of different types of crackers and cheeses. My stomach seemed to grumble excitedly as I tried to decide on which cheese to devour first. I pick up the small knife to slice off cheese but when I pick it up I actually slice my finger.

A drop of ruby red blood drops on a cracker and I could feel the whole room tense up. I turn my head to ask for a bandage only to notice a broken mess behind me.

Emmett was holding back a pained Jasper. Everyone in the room looked as if every bone in their body was broken. Alice was whispering into Jasper's ear as to calm him down. His eyes are pitch black and he is snarling like a hungry wolf.

"Amelia, why don't we leave the room to get you bandaged up?" Edward states while carefully walking over to me

Before Edward could get to me Jasper broke free from Emmett's hold and begin rushing towards me. I stood still in shock watching him come towards me as if I was his pray and he a rabid animal. Soon enough I felt a painful stinging sensation shoot through my body, then everything when black.

*

My body was covered in sweat as I woke up in a jolt. Ever since Alice invited me to her home I've been having this dream. The thought of canceling came to mind so many times but ever time I try to bring it up Alice tells me how excited she is that i'm meeting the rest of her siblings.

"Amelia, rise and shine, breakfast in ten." Mitchell yells from downstairs.

The thought of pretending to be sick past through my mind but quickly left as I realized Cameron would spend all day treating me like a baby and no one wants that.

"I'll be down soon!" I shout back.

Please let tonight just be a normal night and my dream just be a crazy nightmare. I really want to believe the Cullens are just normal but as its playing out I think they might me special too. Maybe tonight is meant to happen. Maybe our friendship is destined to fail.

********

I know its short I'm sorry! Ill start updating more now that I have more free time! Thanks for all the votes and comments! ❤️

What are your thoughts on what will happen when Amelia meets Emmett and Rosalie?

Thanks again for Reading!!