Chapter Twenty-Nine

Justin

It was the day before Christmas Eve and Juliet had invited me around to her place for the motive which was to view her Christmas tree which her and her dad had set up.

To say I was excited was an understatement. I felt like I had missed her and I was positively dying to just see her. I desired just holding her, too.

Hands clammy, wrapped up resent in the pocket of my hoodie underneath my leather jacket, I was ambling to her house. This time, I was already anticipating the lavish mansion she resided in – the exact contradictory to my own home. It shook me, to be candid, but I knew she liked me. There was something undeniable igniting between us and it would only be a matter of time before it would escalate into something better – something loving.

I knocked on the door, accompanied by my nerves racing and trepidation gushing through my veins. Juliet's Dad answered the door and greeted me with a hearty smile. "Good morning, Justin. It's nice to know some teenage boys can get up nice and early," he welcomed.

With ease, I chuckled. "I'm not much of a fan of sleeping through the late morning, anyway," I responded. "And Juliet wanted me round earlier. She said we could have lunch together."

He nodded. "Yes, in fact, I'm making it. Well, welcome in, Justin. And if you need anything, don't hesitate to ask. And call me Ian please." He stood out of the way and gesticulated for me to enter his mansion.

"Thank you, Ian. Is Juliet in her room or in the lounge?"

"She's in her room at the moment. You're early; I don't think she was expecting you for another ten minutes."

"Thank you," I repeated.

Ian closed the door before strutting into what seemed to be his own personal study. I made my way up the stairs and from memory, managed to locate Juliet's room. I knocked on the door but with no reply except for a muffle or scuffle of some sort, I opened the door slowly. Peeping my head round the corner, there was Juliet in the middle of her room in a slight predicament.

"Oh God," I breathed. Instantaneously, I stepped back and closed the door. What I had just witnessed would forever be in my mind.

Juliet was stood in the middle of her room with leggings and a tank top on which showed the top half of her stomach due to her arms raised and endeavouring to slip her thick top over her head. Her face may have been covered and her hair currently dishevelled, but her tank top was riding low, too and the edges of her lacy bra exposed... and that tank top was exceptionally tight. It was safe to say I needed a moment to compose myself before I could see her again.

Not a minute later, the door flew open and with flaming scarlet cheeks, her hair was pin-straight and not a single one out of line – even at the top by her hickory roots and her caramel ends. Her top was on correctly and her tight tank top was concealed underneath it. She looked at me with a sheepish expression.

"I didn't mean to just barge in," I rapidly blurted out. "I did knock but I didn't hear anything but some background noise so I thought I'd see if anything was up. Your dad did say you weren't expecting me for another ten minutes. You are ready, aren't you?" I ran a hand through my spiked-up hair.

Juliet shook her head vigorously and opened her door wider. I stepped inside just as she said, "I am ready now. I heard you and Dad at the door so I was just rushing. Looks like I was a bit too fast." She giggled fretfully. "Sit," she said, gesticulating to her bed. "I hope I didn't embarrass myself when you came in."

Lips falling ajar, the image sprang back to mind and it was as vivid as when I witnessed it. After a fleeting pause, I said, "No, no, you didn't embarrass yourself." A cheek smirk managed to toy at my lips and when Juliet noticed, she threw her hands to her face to hide her escalating flush.