Chapter Sixty

Justin

Waking up, my arm was around Juliet.

Peering down at her, her eyes were closed and her eyelashes were flecked with sleep. Lips slightly parted, a strand of hair, hickory at the top and then caramel at the ends, fell onto her lip as she moved her head down further on my chest. Reaching my hand over, I tucked the strand of hair behind her ear and her head turned to me, her eyes opening.

"Good morning," she murmured softly.

"Good morning," I repeated.

The duvet reached up to Juliet's chin as she rested her head back on my chest. She rubbed her eyes vigorously before sighing contently. Her hair was quite manic, if I do say so myself. Then again, my bed hair wasn't going to be much better, that was obvious. Even so, in this moment, even with sleep in her eyelashes and the corner of her eyes and her hair sprawled out on the pillow and my bare chest, she still looked beautiful.

"Do you regret it?" she asked suddenly.

It took me a moment to decipher what her true insinuation was. In the fleeting pause, she looked up at me, peering through her eyelashes which were now devoid of sleep. She bit her bottom lip gently but then let go as I opened my mouth to speak.

"No, I don't," I breathed, "do you?"

"Definitely not," she concurred. "Although, I think it was one time too many."

Smiling at her reply, I leaned in and kissed her forehead.

Candidly, I was worried that Juliet may have been regretting what happened last night, especially considering we made love about three times in the space of the evening/night. After the first time, we just laid together and waited about twenty minutes before finally traipsing downstairs – despite Juliet's pain – and cooking dinner. By the second time, she almost froze when I was putting on the condom.

"I only saw you bring one," she said, somewhat shocked. "I didn't see more."

"They were hidden in my clothes," I replied sheepishly. "I just threw in a bunch and they must have gotten tangled."

"Oh," she said.

Now, awake and out of bed – and fully clothed, might I just add – we were just making sure the kitchen was tidy for when Ian got back, even though he was coming back later tonight. Mercifully, today was a Saturday so we had the entire day to just relax with one another and finish up any homework... by assisting one another. Or, to correct myself, I mean by badgering Juliet to give me some answers.

"You're very clever, Justin," she said, "so I'm pretty sure you know most of these answers."

"Do you know these answers?"

"I know some of them."

"Which ones?"

"Justin."

"Juliet."

"Do your homework yourself."

She gave up replying to me after that and managed to scribble down a bunch of answers to the algebraic equations we had to answer for Math homework... which wasn't the end of it. We had a bunch of diverse questions and equations to answer which weren't specific to algebra.

By the evening when Ian did come home, he wasn't at all surprised to find out we had finished our entire collection of homework and managed to keep the house tidy. Instead, he said, "Have you not been doing anything else today? It's a Saturday and summer is approaching."

Juliet, deterred, replied with, "We finished our homework, Dad. We have the rest of the weekend to enjoy the nearly-summer-weather."

Ian, outsmarted, frowned. "Would you like to stay for dinner, Justin?" He had actually stopped off at the local takeaway to bring food home and it looked like he had bought more than enough for all of us. He announced this as soon as he walked in the door, carrying his suitcase but not the food.