Fallen Celestial Part 1

Lucy smiled as she watched her guildmates continue to celebrate the return of Lisanna from Edolas and while Lucy didn't know her that well herself she was happy for Mirajane and Elfman. It had been almost a week since Lucy and the others had returned from the other world and the party showed no signs of slowing.

Surprisingly, however, Natsu had yet to show up at Fairy Tail today. He had been right beside everyone else last night, grinning from ear to ear and throwing a fiery punch at whomever pissed him off. Today on the other hand he was mysteriously absent.

"Eh, he probably just slept in." Lucy shrugged to herself as she walked over to the request board to find another job, her rent was coming up and she was short this month.

"Oh? Looking for a new job Lucy?" Erza asked as she walked over to the request board.

"Hi Erza, Ya I'm a little low on cash for rent this month so I thought I should take on a quick job." Lucy responded as she looked back to the request board. "The only problem is that Loke told me that apparently my celestial magic is going to be unstable for the next few days. Something about the "Dark Matter" or something being thicker than normal." Lucy said as patted her whip at her side. "But I figured with Fleuve d'étoiles here I could at least handle some simple monsters."

"Lucy, one should never underestimate their opponents, it is in those situations that fate can turn against you." Erza warned in her usual manner before smiling at Lucy. "But I suppose that I do feel in the mood for a mission, shall I get Gray and Natsu as well?"

"Really Erza? Thanks!" Lucy exclaimed as gave a quick hug to the older woman.

Erza smiled as she walked back into the mass of guildmates to look for Gray while Lucy walked over to the counter to let Mira know Team Natsu was taking the job. Shortly after Mira checked the request in Erza, Gray, and Happy approached together.

"So we're finally going out on another job huh?" Gray commented with his usual smirk. "Finally, I haven't gotten the chance to cut lose since we got back from Edolas."

"Aye!" happy agreed as he landed on Lucy's head and flopped down.

"Hey happy, what happened to Natsu today? I haven't seen him." Lucy asked the blue cat.

"Hmmm, he was at our house this morning but I haven't seen him since then." The blue cat mused as he put a paw to his chin. "I'm sure that he just went to buy some fish." He concluded.

Lucy facepalmed, "that's something only you would do Happy." She said sounding exhausted.

It was at that moment however that Natsu made his presence known. "H-hey guys." He muttered out in an uncharacteristically low voice.

Everyone turned to look at him with varying levels of concern on their faces. They had never seen the Salmon haired dragon slayer so low key and, gods forbid, nervous.

Happy flew over to Natsu's shoulder as he stared at his partner with concern on his face. "Natsu...?" he questioned tentatively. Natsu smiled down at Happy and patted his head but said nothing.

"Well, whatever, we're going out on a mission. Are you coming with us flame brain?" Gray asked in his normal challenging attitude.

"Yeah...sure." Natsu answered completely ignoring Gray's attempt to start something, only leading to more concern from Lucy and the others.

"Natsu, if you're not feeling well you can stay here." Erza said with entirely too much concern in her voice as she patted his untaken shoulder.