Fallen Celestial Part 36

Natsu barely registered the horrified scream of Alva as she joined him in viewing the now destroyed command tents. He couldn't understand the startled and panicked voices that were calling out though the mental link, each one desperately trying to figure out what had happened. And he most certainly didn't feel all the aches and pains that he had accumulated over the course of the battle. None of that mattered in the face of the nightmare before him, a nightmare that almost overlapped with his memories of that one horrible night in Crocus.

"Luce...LUCE!" he all but screamed as he barreled forward at the man who still had his blonde partner impaled on his fist, Natsu's flames springing to life faster than they ever had before and with such power that whatever pieces of fabric hadn't already been destroyed burst into flames so fast that they all but evaporated in the heat.

But unfortunately the man reacted just as fast; noticing the approaching meteor that was Natsu, tossing Lucy unceremoniously to the side, and reaching out with a single hand all in the span of a few seconds, his arrogant smile remaining on his face all the while.

Natsu barreled into the man with such strength that the earth behind the man exploded, bits of stone melting in mid air from the shear heat of their clash. But even with the fury that was now fueling Natsu's attack the bastard remained exactly where he was, his face not even looking strained from the effort of holding off his attack.

It's just like Gildarts back on Tenrou. Natsu managed to think through the fury filled haze as he leapt back for a moment and lashed out with his leg, not even consciously thinking about how he should attack and simply relying on pure fury filled instinct to guide his attacks.

But nothing he did seemed to matter to the cloak wearing man, as he was easily holding off each and every attack the enraged dragon slayer sent his way and was beginning to look even more battle crazed, his smile growing more feral as he continued to block Natsu's attacks.

"These flames...this smell...I see! So the time's finally come then!" He all but shouted beginning to laugh manically. Or he was, up until he was entirely covered in blackish green flames, blasting Natsu clear of the dragon in human form and into a nearby dirt mound.

As Natsu struggled to stand he looked over in the direction the attack came from to see a dragonfied Alva, tears escaping from her eyes only to vaporize before they could even get a few inches down her cheeks, her body surrounded in her own flames.

"You bastard! I'll kill you!" She screamed as she took yet another deep breath and released a roar that put her previous one to shame, the vast quantity of flames roaring so loud that it sounded like the air was screaming.

But the man that had attacked Lucy only continued to laugh, placing his hands forward like he was going to catch a ball. And then, when the fire was only a few inches away from washing over him again he did something that even Natsu had to admit was impressive; he grabbed the fire and ripped it apart like it was just made up of paper. The two halves of her green flames barreling past him harmlessly to detonate a few seconds later, sending blast waves billowing out in all directions.

"And to find not only the promised dragon here but another one too, and one that has the blood of demons in its blood? That bastard was true to his word...how magnificent."

Natsu clenched his teeth so hard that he practically heard them shattering, he wanted nothing more than to just tear the shirtless man in front of him to pieces, but at that moment nothing was more important than making sure that Luce was still alive. And since the blue haired bastard was currently distracted by Alva. Luce was always his priority after all.

But as Natsu slowly began to make his way over to where Lucy had fallen Alva remained fixated on the man before them, her draconic instincts in full swing. Her tail swinging back and forth as she held herself back from attacking the clearly superior fighter.