Fallen Celestial Part 5

Lucy sighed for what felt like it must have been the umpteenth time that day as she stared out at the bustling city before her. Abaddon had left earlier that morning to "Ask for an audience" but most of the time he would say that he would return in the evening and simply admit to having been distracted by something and never getting around to it, earning himself a smack from Lucy. Lucy could never truly understand what her demon friend was thinking most of the time he would have that stupid smile on his face while behaving almost like a butler around her. Other times he was even more arrogant and prideful than Laxus had been during his time in the guild. But at the very least that was normal considering he was the Lord of Pride; one would expect him to be a little full of himself from time to time.

Lucy's thoughts were interrupted by the sound of sheets moving against each other from behind her. Alva was there, still in the grip of sleep, and had gotten her horns tangled in the sheets and appeared to be trying to untangle them in her sleep.

Lucy chuckled quietly to herself as she walked over to the young girl and started to try to untangle the sheets from her hair. As Alva continued to sleep I couldn't help but stare at the two horns that ran perpendicularly to her head. Lucy had to admit, despite the fact that they were beautiful, that when she first saw them she had been a little freaked out. After all, it was far from normal to find someone who had freaking horns on their head.

Lucy sighed once again as her mind wandered back to that day almost a week ago, when she had given a girl a name and learned an important secret about Celestial magic.

Lucy blinked and gasped in surprise as Alva lowered her hood to reveal her horns. The horns were a deep dark red, almost the color of blood, and were smooth like a piece of polished wood. The horns started from the side of her head and curled up perpendicular to her head.

Lucy's eyes started to go wide in panic. She was not afraid of the girl, far from it, it was just that the horns made Lucy think about dragons, and dragons inevitably led her thoughts to him. Lucy felt her panic and anger boil up from inside her but a second latter they were gone. The feelings that had threatened to consume her simply vanished as a feeling akin to ice cold water being dumped into her mind.

Lucy was confused by the feeling in her head, but Abaddon's words brought her mind back their situation. "I see, she's a half dragon." He said seemingly to himself. "That would explain why those slave traders were so desperate to capture her."

"Half dragon?" Lucy asked in confusion as she turned to face the demon.

"Indeed; while they are impossibly rare in your world here it is merely quite uncommon here." Abaddon explained. "A child of a dragon and a human would have quite the high levels of magic and physical strength beyond that of a natural human. The dragons tend to keep the half dragons corralled in their northern territories but occasionally one might find one down in these lands, especially if said half dragon was abandoned by their mother."

Lucy said nothing for a moment as she processed the information, but then simply turned back to smile at Alva. "Then do you have nowhere to go Alva?" to which the girl simply nodded. "Then you'll simply have to come with us!" she said as her smile grew wider at Alva's shocked expression.

"Are you sure that is wise Milady? A half dragon is sure to draw some unwanted attention, especially in the capital of Wrath." Abaddon warned in a stern voice.

"Then I'll simply protect her." Lucy dismissed his concerns as she reached out to pat Alva on the head, something that made the girls eyes widen even more than from before.