Fallen Celestial Part 29

Lucy had to admit, Natsu was keeping up with Loke much better than she would have expected him to. Loke's power had grown exponentially over the last few years, as a Celestial Spirits power was directly linked with their keyholder, but even with the lion spirits new found strength he couldn't land a single critical blow on the surprisingly agile dragon slayer.

Lucy could only guess that this "Lightning Fire Dragon Mode", or whatever it was formally called, was something that boosted Natsu's powers in all aspects, not just his firepower as Lucy had first thought.

"Sorry to disturb you princess, but would you mind giving me a hand here?" Loke asked, his sarcasm only thinly veiled, as he flew past Lucy and rolled on the ground to disperse the power behind the punch that had sent him flying.

Lucy blinked at the lion spirit before returning her gaze to Natsu just in time to see him charging at the two of them with both fire and lightning clad around his body.

"Oh right, I suppose I did get a little distracted there. My bad." Lucy admitted as she created a dark matter barrier in front of Natsu, the dragon slayer bouncing off of her magic with a oomph and a curse. "Right... I suppose we should finish this up now. You mind buying me some time lion boy?" Lucy asked with a smile as she began to gather her magic, a golden runic circle appearing under her feet.

"You know, if you're going to ask someone for help and then just go ahead anyway some people might find that a little rude." Loke complained, knowing full well that Lucy couldn't hear him through her concentrations but still feeling the need to voice his complaints anyway. Taking a deep breath, the lion spirit once again charged at the more than eager dragon slayer, happier than he was willing to admit at the fact that he got the chance to beat the stupid boy down for what he had done to Lucy all those years ago.

As Natsu continued to fend off Loke's blasts of light, which had become more like cannon blasts rather than the beams he had once seen the lion spirit use, he very quickly noticed the magic gathering around his blonde partner and very quickly figured out what exactly she was doing.

Of course the fact that chant was the same one that Natsu had heard during their fight in the Grand Magic Games did somewhat give away what she was planning.

"O-oi Luce! Don't you think that that spell is a little overkill for a simple match?" Natsu yelled as he punched Loke in the gut, sending the lion spirit sliding backwards. Lucy however said nothing, her concentration completely encompassed by the spell.

"Really you two? Do you think it's just normal to start talking to someone else in the middle of a battle?" Natsu heard Loke comment from his side, a heavy blow landing on his left side seconds later sending him skidding across the ground.

Natsu growled at the lion spirit, his battle instinct flaring, when he heard Lucy finish speaking, a cold pit settling in his stomach in place of the fire that was normally present.

"Oh 88 Stars of the heaven...

Shine!

Urano Metria!"

Natsu stared up into the sky to see glowing yellow orbs gathering over his head. "Oh shi-!" was all he managed to get out before the heavens themselves descended, pummeling him more than any beating he had ever received at the hands of Erza.

Makarov's head shot up for a second the moment he felt a surge of magical energy far too close to the guild for comfort. But after a brief time of worrying about damages he managed to identify it as Lucy's magical signature and returned his attention back to the conversation, assured that of all his children Lucy would manage to keep the damages to a minimum.