Fallen Celestial Part 22

Lucy grimaced as the Fairy Tail guild hall finally came into view. It had been almost a week since the Grand Magic Games and Fallen Celestial was finally arriving to face Lucy's family, something Lucy had been dreading ever since she had talked to Natsu that night. She knew exactly how everyone was going to react to her story but that wasn't what she was dreading. She was afraid of how much she had changed since the last time she had walked through those doors. Could she really go back to the place that had brought her so much joy but at the same time was a place that would remind her of her pain?

Alva apparently could feel her anxiousness, as the half dragon had been holding Lucy's hand the entire time they had been walking to Magnolia and had been sending her reassuring smiles, calming Lucy's unbeating heart.

But at long last, they had finally arrived. Lucy took one last deep breath, shook her head in order to clear her thoughts, and pushed the massive doors open.

The inside was exactly as Lucy remembered it, although with the major exception of every single pair of eyes in the place glued to her.

Lucy couldn't help but gulp as she smiled nervously and waved. "H-hey guys...I'm back."

It was almost like her words broke some sort of spell that had been placed upon Fairy Tail, as the moment they heard her voice tears began to flow from nearly every eye in the place. Lucy was only able to take a single step into the building before a blue blur slammed into her chest, sending her flying through the air and landing with a huff on her back.

"Lushi...Lushi...it's really you...you're back!" Happy cried as he clung desperately to her shirt and cried.

"Hey Happy...it's good to be home." Lucy comforted as she patted the exceed on the head and tried to stand, however before she could even sit up another flash of blue landed on top of her with much more force than Happy did.

"L-luuuuu!" Levy cried out as she tried to crush Lucy in a bear hug. And within seconds Mira followed after her, crying just as much as the blue haired girl and Wendy following shortly after the she-devil.

Lucy decided it was simpler to simply stay on the floor as she was crushed in hug after hug as each member of Fairy Tail took their turn to try to crush the life out of her in their happiness. Lucy simply smiled patiently as each person took their turn, until at long last Erza grabbed her from the back of her shirt and lifted her from the pile of bodies.

Lucy looked at the requip mage with a smile on her face. The older woman looked back at Lucy with a quivering lip and emotions swirling through her eyes.

"Hey Erza, long time no see." Lucy warmly said, causing the red head to whip her into her chest in a bone crushing hug.

"Y-you damn fool...if you were alive you should have just come back home!" Erza cried out as her hug got even tighter.

"I know, I'm sorry...but I had things I had to take care of." Lucy murmured as she returned the hug, tears escaping from her own eyes as well.

"You're back now, that's all that matters in the end." Gray said as he approached and placed a comforting hand on Lucy's shoulder.

Lucy smiled at the ice make mage from within Erza's hug. "I guess that's true...hey Gray." And after extracting herself from Erza's death hug proceeded to hug the ice make mage.

It was only after everyone had greeted Lucy that the master walked up, a massive grin on his face. "Welcome home my child; it's good to see you without your hood."

Lucy giggled at that, "Ya, it did seem kind of pointless now that everyone had seen my face."

The master's smile grew wider for a second before a serious expression came over his face, causing Lucy to flinch at the suddenness of the change. "Speaking of your disguise, my child, why did you hide from your family? What exactly happened to you seven years ago?"