Fallen Celestial Part 12

"...Did you just say that your name is...Lucy?" Igneel asked in a shocked voice as he drew his massive head back and stared at Lucy with a strange look on his face.

Lucy nervously looked up at the massive dragon, unsure of what exactly she had said to make him react like he was. She did notice out of the corner of her eye that Abaddon was watching the two of them with a very serious look upon his face and appeared to be quite tense but had not made any moves at that point.

"Right my name is Lucy...is there something wrong with that?" Lucy asked as she planted her hands on her hips and pouted up at the dragon.

"No it's nothing...nothing at all..." Igneel said almost to himself as he placed his massive head back on the marble floor but continued to watch the two girls "well then Lucy Heartfilia; allow me to once again thank you for saving and naming this wayward dragon. Now then, I suspect little Alva here would very much like to begin learning the truth about herself and while I have a good idea who her parents were I can see that you two are barely on your feet at this point."

Lucy sheepishly rubbed the back of her head as she smiled up at Igneel, it was true that she was absolutely exhausted after navigating the mountains to get to the dragons kingdom but didn't want to make a big deal out of it as this was about Alva learning the truth about herself. What was a little bit of sleepiness compared to that?

"Alva? Is that alright with you?" Lucy asked as she turned to look at her companion, who was staring up at Igneel with an anxious look on her face.

"Mmm...its fine...I'm tired too." She quietly said as she rubbed her eyes.

Lucy chuckled as she placed a hand on Alva's head and turned back to look up at Igneel. "I guess the two of us will take you up on your offer."

"Alright then; you two have a good rest. Abaddon would you mind bringing them to the guest quarters? I would rather not call Metalicana back up here after sending him away." Igneel asked in a tone that didn't leave the demon lord any room to maneuver.

But if Abaddon was in any way off put by the dragons tone he did not let it show. "Of course, I would be happy to." And with that Abaddon moved right next to the two girls placing Lucy on top of one of her shoulders and slinging Alva under one of his arms. Both Lucy and Alva screamed out in surprise at the sudden movement but were both too tired to bother squirming out of his grip. Lilith, giggling to herself, strolled up to the three of them and moved to stand on the ledge leading back to the ground.

"Well then, Lord Igneel, we will take our leave for the day." Abaddon said with a flourish and leapt from the edge that they were standing on, causing both girls to scream out in surprise.

Igneel watched the spot where the four of them had been standing lost deep in thought. The moment he heard the young humans name his heart had almost stopped. The moment his old friend had dropped off the two humans he had nearly been overwhelmed by the nostalgic scents that had come from the blonde girl. While slightly different, it was undeniable that her scent was quite similar to that of his old friend. And if that weren't enough there was another scent upon the girl that Igneel couldn't quite believe, one that, while faded, was one that Igneel would have never thought he would ever smell again.

"What exactly happened to you? Lucy Heartfilia?" he mumbled to himself, only slightly apprehensive of what the answer would be.

Lucy casually walked out onto one of the many balconies that the tower had and enjoyed the feeling of a cold wind on her skin. It had been almost a year since Lucy and the others had arrived in the dragon kingdom and she had enjoyed every moment of it. The day after they had arrived in the dragon kingdom Igneel had called both of them to an empty area south of the city. There he revealed the truth of Alva's origins to the both of them.