Fallen Celestial Part 28

Lucy smiled as she watched their oversized group make their way through the streets of Magnolia on their way to the Guild hall. The train ride back had been mostly uneventful, the only exception being when Wendy's Troia spell had run out halfway back and rather than risk another second in the train Alva had instead chosen to literately break out of the cabin. Instead the half dragon had simply flown alongside the train carriage, much to the shock of the other passengers.

The job had been completed without a hitch, the reward being split amongst the members of team Natsu excluding Lucy. the others had been adamant about Lucy and everyone taking their own share but as she and the rest of her team had more than enough money saved up from their previous demon hunts they refused. And now that they were finally off the train they were currently headed back home to report to Mira and the Master that the job had been completed.

"Home..." Lucy murmured quietly to herself as a smile crept onto her face. In the seven years that Lucy had been traveling around seeking strength and answers she had never once had a place that she could comfortably call her home. Sure, she did have the guild hall that they had built as a base of operations but that's all it was to Lucy, a place to plan for their next mission, but going back to Fairy Tail once again just made her want to drop all the walls she had put up around her emotions and relax for once, or relax as much as she could in a guild like Fairy Tail.

It was at that moment that Erza, completely oblivious to the blonde's happy musings, turned to speak to her. "So now that you have captured these creatures Lucy what are your plans with them? Surely it cannot be a wise decision to try to keep them contained for long."

"Oh, you don't have to worry about that Erza, with Abaddon guarding them they couldn't make so much as a squeak without him knowing. And I'm not planning to do anything to them myself; I'll leave that in Abaddon's capable hands." Lucy said, noticing the shudders from the other Fallen Celestial members but choosing to ignore it.

"Then does that mean that we can go on another job when we get back? I didn't get much action during that fight and I'm itching for another fight." Natsu asked excitedly, his childish grin once again present on his face as he stared back at Lucy.

"I guess so, just so long as Alva's up for it." Lucy answered with a shrug before gesturing to the red headed half dragon that was currently walking very close to Lucy, so close in fact that they kept bumping shoulders as the moved.

Lucy could see Natsu glare at Alva and knew that she was returning the gesture right back. "What? Why? It's not like she's your mother or something, why do you need her permission?"

Lucy scowled slightly at Natsu's implied meaning, but otherwise didn't raise her voice as she answered. "I don't need her permission Natsu, but since she follows me almost everywhere I go it's only right to ask her too."

"...Fool." Was all Alva said but the smirk on her face clearly conveyed a message of gloating to everyone present, causing Natsu to growl at her and lunge which was something Alva was more than happy to return.

Despite the fact that the two fire mages were trying to rip each other's throats out the group still managed to make their way to the large wooden doors that marked the entrance to the Fairy Tail guild hall, hearing the usual rowdiness that one would expect from Fairy Tail.

Pushing open the doors, Lucy smiled as she casually walked into the guild. "We're back everyone!"

"Hey! I'm the one who's supposed to say that!" Natsu shouted his fight with Alva instantly forgotten.

Lucy, along with most of the guild, laughed at Natsu for a second before turning to the bar to see Mira and the Master smiling at their group. Even Laxus, who would normally just be sitting on the second floor with the rest of the Thunder Legion, was leaning against the bar with his eyes closed almost as if he was waiting for something.