Fallen Celestial Part 3

Makarov stared out the window of his office and watched the rain fall in silent contemplation. Today was a day that he had been dreading for the last week; a day when he would be forced to say his final farewells to one of his children.

Team Natsu had returned to the guild earlier that week in a frenzy. The job they had gone on had gone horribly wrong and Lucy was currently missing. The entire guild had deployed to search the woods where she had gone missing; Makarov even went so far as to plead with the Magic Counsel for their aid. But no matter how hard they searched or what magic they employed they were only able to find a patch of dried blood upon the rock next to the river in the canyon.

Fairy Tail had been devastated and the guild had lost any sign of its normal cheer. The members moved like zombies as they drifted across the guild and no matter what time it was one could hear the sound of quite sobs coming from somewhere in the shadows. Natsu's team had been particularly devastated. Gray and Erza simply sat at the bar with haunted looks upon their faces or covered in tears. Happy sitting lifelessly upon the bar in between them, his face constantly covered in tears and Carla comforting him with tears in the corner of her own eyes as well.

It broke Makarov's heart to see his children so heartbroken but he had to keep it together as their father, even if his own chest felt like it would split open any second. His Children needed him to be strong and the guild still needed its master, even in the throngs of their grief.

It was at that moment that a gentle rapping came from the outside of my office door. "Master? It is almost time..." came the solemn voice of Mirajane from outside. Makarov slid off my chair and placed the Ten Wizard Saints robe upon his back. He always hated the robe for the times he was forced to wear it would inevitably end in his children's misery.

He opened to door to find a dejected Mirajane standing off to the side of his office. She had already changed into a black dress and held in her hands two black umbrellas.

"Thank you my dear." He said as took one of the two umbrellas she held and gave her a half smile hoping to put her at ease.

"You're welcome master." She responded with a half smile of her own but that quickly left her face as she frowned and lowered her head. "...I can't believe that she's really gone." She said in such a low voice he almost didn't hear it.

Makarov said nothing as he slowly walked forward and down the stairs to the first floor to see his children waiting for him. Everyone dressed in black and with their eyes downcast. Makarov kept his face as neutral as he could as he walked down the stairs and to the door of the guild before turning around and addressing all present. "Let us go my children, it is time to say goodbye to one of our family."

The entirely of Fairy Tail followed Makarov into the rain as they slowly made their way to Kardia Cathedral. The downpour continued to assault them as they slowly made their way through town. They all were aware that the rain was likely do to Juvia losing control of her power but not a single person blamed her for it. If anything it the rain embodied the feelings that they all held at that moment. the entirety of Fairy Tail entered the graveyard surrounding the Cathedral in silence and slowly made their way to a single gravestone. The gravestone was adorned with carvings of stars along both its sides leading to the top where the guilds emblem was imprinted. Directly below that were a few words that caused pain to everyone present. "Lucy Heartfilia. Friend, Family, Fairy. She will be sorely missed."

Makarov could hear the sobs from his children as they stood silent in front of Lucy's grave. He knew what he had to do as the Guild Master as well as their father but a part of him still couldn't accept what he was about to do.

Makarov slowly turned back to face his children, staring at each crying face for a moment before finally speaking. "My children, we are gathered here today to mourn the loss of one of our family; Lucy Heartfilia. She may have only been a part of our family for a short time but in that time she came to hold a special place in all our hearts. She was someone who always brought a smile to our faces and was always able to see the positives in life."