Fallen Celestial Part 31

Lucy wanted nothing more than to scream in anger as she made her way through the halls of Mercurius in a dress that was far too puffy for her taste, but instead of screaming obscenities into the air she settled for simply grumbling under her breath.

It had been a few days since Fallen Celestial had learned about the oncoming demonic invasion and things had been going downhill ever since. Master Makarov had taken the news of oncoming war well, almost too well, and had promised to have the guild prepared in time. Lucy did in fact feel bad about returning to Fairy Tail only to bring them more danger, but the old Wizard Saint had simply dismissed her apologies with a chuckle and a wave of his hand, saying that it was hardly her fault that demons were coming for Zeref and that Fairy Tail had a bone to pick with the immortal mage anyway.

After that Fallen Celestial had scattered in order to spread the word of the war just over the horizon, Abaddon taking it upon himself to inform the Magic Council, saying that he was one of the few existences that the council would take seriously on such a subject.

Lucy for her part had been sent to send word to the royal family of Fiore, as apparently the Heartfilia had a connection with Princess Hisui and her father. But in order to meet with the King and Princess of the realm in a formal matter Lucy was forced to play dress up once again, inadvertently unearthing her memories of her time in the prison of a mansion that served as her home for so long.

Just keep calm Lucy, this won't take too long and as soon as I'm done I can go back to the skirts and tank tops that I love so much. Lucy thought to herself as she tried to pep herself up.

"Announcing Lucy Heartfilia; member of Fairy Tail and former vice guild leader of Fallen Celestial." A butler announced as Lucy came to a massive double door that lead to the throne room.

"...Enter." Lucy could hear the formal voice of the Princess on the other end, muffled slightly due to the magic surrounding the chamber.

The butler nodded before opening the door and bowing slightly, Lucy taking that as her cue to enter. Strolling forward confidently but slowly, Lucy approached the two thrones before performing a respectful curtsy. She could see Arcadios standing just behind the thrones, his eyes watching Lucy like a hawk but his guard generally relaxed, knowing full well that Lucy wasn't a threat and that even if she was he could do almost nothing to the demonic summoner.

The chamber was silent as the Princess and king regarded the blonde mage before Hisui finally smiled in greeting and stood to approach, her father and Arcadios following shortly after her.

"Ah Lucy, it is nice to see you again." Hisui said as she held out her hand, Lucy smiling back and accepting the offered handshake. "I apologize for not greeting you during the celebrations after the Grand Magic Games but I was unable to find you at the party."

"That's perfectly alright Your Majesty, to be perfectly honest I was avoiding most people the night of the celebration, I had...a few things to deal with that night after all."

Hisui nodded once in understanding before her smile faded. "While I am glad to see you again, the fact that you have come here formally implies that this is not just a social visit correct?"

Lucy's smile faded as well. "I'm afraid so Your Highness." She then turned her eyes upon the king, the old man feeling the seriousness in her tone and his face becoming solemn as well. "Your Majesty, are you aware of the dark guild Tartaros?"

The old king nodded his head before placing a hand on his chin in contemplation. "Indeed although I can't say I have a full grasp on their movement. They are the most secretive of the Balam Alliance and are considered to be demon worshipers."