Fallen Celestial Part 8

Looking out over the impressive view from a random balcony in the Palace of Sloth, Lucy couldn't help but admit that she had been much more impressed with this city than the city of Wrath.

The city was built upon a massive cliff face with the palace built upon the very top and seemed to defy gravity with how far up in the air they were. Unlike the City of Wrath, the City of Sloth was made out of dark gray bricks that gave everything an almost depressing vibe but even that was certainly better than the warlike black obsidian that made up the City of Wrath.

In addition, instead of having to stay in some tiny hotel room the Wrath demons had brought them directly to the palace and the demons present within the citadel treated them as honored guests while Lucy awaited her trial.

Speaking of the local demons; the demons here were massive creatures that stood even taller than Wrath demons and seemed to be made up entirely of stone. They had no eyes and moved so slowly that it seemed like they were part of the landscape rather than servants.

It had not been all bad however, as unlike the Citadel of Wrath here there were plenty of regular human at the castle and it had been interesting for Lucy to speak to people who had grown up in this world their whole life. They all treated her with immense respect when they found out she was both a celestial wizard as well as a pact holder apparently made her the equivalent of royalty.

Lucy had been quite surprised the first few times when she had described her ability to summon celestial spirits and only received blank stares in return. She had forgotten that the people here had never seen any stars and naturally would have no idea what the Zodiacs are. As such Lucy learned to simply skip talking about her original magic when speaking to these people.

"Luce...something wrong?" Came the voice of Alva from behind her. Lucy turned to find her half dragon friend wearing a beautiful red dress and looking anxiously at her.

Lucy quickly brought out a fake smile as she walked back into the main hall, her own blue and black dress swirling around her legs. "I'm fine Alva, just reminiscing." She said as she threw an arm around the young girls shoulder. "Now how about we go back in there and have some more fun entertaining everyone's curiosity about us?" Lucy said in a tone dripping with sarcasm and causing Alva to flinch and frown.

The two of them were currently attending a party held in Lucy's honor that reminded her of parties she would attend back when she lived with her father, although It didn't reminder her of anything good. The party was essentially an excuse for those who held power in this city to satisfy their curiosity about the half dragon girl and the girl who held pacts with two of the seven Lords of Sin. It wasn't exactly what Lucy would have called a good time, after all it was nothing compared to the parties that Fairy Tail would throw, but at least it was a distraction from how they had been at the Citadel for over a week and still were waiting on the Lord of Sloth to come up with a trial for her.

Well, not like I can expect much better from someone who quite literally embodies laziness. Lucy thought dryly to herself as she smiled a greeting at a man who was eyeing her body with clear intentions. However before he could act upon them Frederick walked over.

"Pardon my interruption but Lord Abaddon would like to speak to you Lady Lucy." he said with a slight bow. Due to the fact that Frederick was still wearing his armor and that she had been called over by one of the seven lords the man that had been ogling her was quick to make up an excuse and scurried away.

Lucy let out a sigh as she turned and gave a weary smile to the older man. "Thank you for that Frederick, I wasn't sure how much longer I could hold back a "Lucy Kick". But you said something about Abaddon needing me for something?"