Fallen Celestial Part 13

The first thing Lucy noticed when she stepped through the portal to Earthland was how much better it smelled compared to Underworld. The scent of the green grass under her heel reminded her of her days in her mother's garden and even the trees seemed much more pleasant than she remembered. Lucy was even surprised to hear the chirping of birds off in the distance, something she hadn't heard in almost three years. The very next thing she noticed was a slight but noticeable drain on her magic from both Lilith and Abaddon, who apparently required her magic in order to remain in Earthland although the drain was not enough to actually cause her any uncomfort, speaking volumes of how much stronger she had grown in her time in Underworld.

Lucy couldn't help but smile at the awe filled faces of her companions as they looked around in shock at their surroundings. Remembering the time she used Urano Metria their faces were filled with awe at seeing actually green nature for the first time. Alva in particular was standing there slacked jawed as she stared at two birds that were flying by.

Walking forward until she was standing in front of the others and turning to stare at Abaddon and everyone, Lucy threw her arms out and smiled at them. "Well then guys, welcome to Earthland. Now then let's get goi-."

But before she could finish her sentence a blinding flash of light erupted from Lucy's side and the sound of a bell ringing could be heard from all around them. Even before Lucy could yell out in shock she could feel strong arms wrap themselves around her body and pull her into a broad chest.

When the light finally faded, Lucy stared up into Loke's worried face as he continued to hold her close. "Lucy! y-you're still alive! Thank god."

Lucy blinked in surprise as she stared up at Loke's face that was on the verge of tears. Even though she felt bad about it, she had completely forgotten about her celestial spirits in her time living in Underworld. But now that she thought about it the moment she returned the keys to Earthland her spirits would be able to feel her presence through their gates and it only made sense that Loke would show up immediately to confirm her safety. Lucy was honesty surprised that more of her spirits hadn't forced their gates open in worry.

"H-hey Loke, long time no see." Lucy greeted as she hugged the Lion spirit back, feeling her smile grow even wider. "I missed you guys."

Loke's hug grew even tighter and Lucy could see tears forming in the corners of his eyes. "When Capricorn returned to the Spirit World he told us what had happened to you. None of us could feel our keys in Earthland anymore and we couldn't feel your presence. We all assumed the worst."

"I'm sorry to worry you guys but I had no way to contact you." Lucy comforted as she patted him on the back one more time before finally breaking away from Loke's hug, causing a frown to appear on his face. "But what do you mean Capricorn? I don't have his key, how did he find out about me?"

At Lucy's question Loke's face twisted into a mask of rage. He explained how Natsu had fought against the man who had possessed Capricorn's body and how the Goat spirit could feel Lucy's blood upon the fire dragon slayers hands. The other spirits had been outraged and confused at the fact that Natsu had hurt her but without their keys they could not manifest on Earthland, leaving them stranded in the celestial world with nothing but concern.

"Lucy...what exactly happened between you two?" Loke cautiously asked as he too took a respective step back to stare at his master. As happy as he was to see her he could feel immense magical energy coming off her body and those who stood behind her were just as powerful.

Lucy frowned and clenched her hands at her side so tightly her hands turned pale. In a deadly cold tone she launched into an explanation of what happened that stormy day. When she finished she could see Loke's eyes widened so much that she could see the whites of his eyes even from behind his sunglasses.