Fallen Celestial Part 14

Due to Alva's motion sickness, Fallen Celestial was only able to arrive at Crocus the day of the preliminaries for the Grand Magic Games. Lucy was mildly annoyed with the crowds that had gathered to watch mages battle it out. Crowds had been increasingly worse for Lucy ever since she had taken on the persona of Celestias and the cloak and gloves that came with it. Either they watched her cloaked form with wariness or they would end up reporting her to the local authorities, causing nothing but delays and more often than not resulting in their target getting away.

"Abaddon, the organizers sent you the rules for this year right? What exactly is the preliminary this year?" Lucy asked as they moved onto a side road in order to avoid the curious gazes of the crowd.

"The information I received was particularly vague, only informing us that all competing members must be present in their designated hotels by midnight exactly." Abaddon explained with a hand on his chin. "It is likely that whatever the preliminaries end up being will be taking place tonight."

"Makes sense..." Lucy thought out loud before clapping her hands and smiling at each member of her guild in turn. "Alright guys. Since we have time until tonight I'm fine with you guys doing what you want until then. Just make sure that you're back at the hotel by at least half an hour till twelve, we can't afford to not be in the tournament proper and we don't want to tire ourselves out so don't use magic unless you have to."

"Very well then, I shall visit the capitals library, there are quite a few tomes here that I have yet to read myself." Roland said as he adjusted his glasses and walked off into the crowds.

"I know what I'm going to do! This is going to be fun!" Lilith exclaimed as she turned to leave.

"Lilith! I better not see any young men in the hotel room when we get back!" Lucy shouted after the woman, who only waved in response as she too disappeared into the crowd.

"What about you Abaddon? What are you...?" Lucy trailed off as she noticed the demon lord had vanished as well, without a single one of them noticing. "Unbelievable; how exactly does he do that?" Lucy complained as she rubbed her head in an attempt to keep a headache from taking root.

"You need not worry Lady Celestias, the lord of Pride knows what he's doing." Frederick comforted, "For my part I shall simply retire to the hotel early and await your return. If that is alright with you?" and at Lucy's nod he bowed slightly and he too walked away.

"Alright then Alva, what shall we do?" Lucy asked as she looked over at the girl and smiled.

However, she was surprised to see Alva rubbing her head and averting her eyes. "Celestias...actually I had something important I had to go see by myself today. Is it okay if I go off by myself?" she asked, making sure to give her best puppy dog eyes as well.

Lucy blinked in surprise for a second before succumbing to the red heads cuteness and smiling widely. "Of course Alva, I'm fine with you want to go do something else. It's just surprising to hear that you have other things to do other than be around me, I always assumed that's the only thing you knew how to do." Lucy joked and laughed as Alva playfully punched her in the arm.

Lucy watched as Alva ran off into the city feeling and couldn't help but feel a little down, although she did say that they could do what they wanted she hadn't expected every single one to go off by themselves, even Alva had something apparently more important to do than to spend time with her.

"Ah, Princess, allow your knight in shining armor to escort you around the Capital of Flowers this fine day." Loke's smoothly greeted as he placed a hand around Lucy's shoulders.

"Hello Loke, how are the other spirits today? Lucy asked as she allowed Loke to lead her back unto the main street and into the crowds.

"They send their regards as always...well they do feel anxious feeling your depression and pain." Loke explained with a frown as they continued to move through the streets.