Chapter 3

No one's POV

"bien sûr" Fleur says. 'Of course' in french. Just then Luna walks in. She walks over to the wind chime hanging in the window, and slightly taps it.
The wind chimes makes a beautiful sound that makes us all sigh.

"It's beautiful here." Luna states.

"It was our Aunt's. We used to come here as kids. The Order uses it now as a safe house- what's left of us at least." Bill says.

"Muggles think it'll keep evil away. They're wrong..." She taps the wind chime again. Then Harry shoots from his chair.

"I need to talk to the goblin."

"I'm coming with you." Lily says standing up. Harry nods and retreat upstairs to Hermione and Ron. Lily follows close behind until they reach a room where the goblin is. They don't know how they got him here but Dobby must have gotten him.

"How are you?" Harry asks.

"Alive." He states.

"You probably don't remember-"

"That i showed you two to your vault when you both first visited Gringotts? Even amongst goblins you two are famous. The Potters." He pauses looking to the window. "You buried the elf. I saw you four."

"Yes."

"You lot are unusual." Griphook states, earning a massive eyeroll from Lily.

"Why did you leave Gringotts?" Harry asks Griphook.

"Soon the death eaters will control it. That is unacceptable to me." Griphook says like it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"So you're on our side." Ron asks.

"I'm on no side. This is a wizards war."

"We need to get into Gringotts. Into a vault." Harry says motioning to Lily.

"It is impossible." Griphook says.

"Alone yes. With you, no." Harry says.

"How did you come by this sword?" Griphook asks, glancing at the sword.

"It's complicated. Why did Bellatrix Lestrange think it should be in her vault, at Gringotts?" Harry asks.

"It's complicated." Griphook states looking Harry dead in the eye.

"Listen goblin-" Lily tried but Harry put a hand on her shoulder silencing her. She huffed, a frustrated exhale and crossed her arms.

"The sword presented itself to us in a moment of need. We didn't steal it." Harry states.

"There is a sword in Madam Lestrange's vault identical to this one, but it is a fake. It was placed there this summer." Griphook states.

"I apologize." Lily says sighing. Griphook nods.

"And she never suspected?" Harry asks.

"The replica is convincing. Only a goblin can see that clearly the sword in her vault is a fake."

"Who put it there?" Lily asks.

"It was not my place to ask, neither did i have the desire to. There are more curious things in the vaults at Gringotts." Griphook says.

"We have gold. Lots of it." Lily says. Harry looks surprised but her focus is on Griphook.

"I'm not interested in gold girl."

"Then what?" Harry asks. Griphook's tiny eyes avert to the sword.

"That is my price."

"All right." Harry says.

"I have your word that you, Harry Potter, will give me the sword of Gryffindor if i help you?" Griphook asks. His hand reaches out, and Harry takes it.