Chapter 11

Lily's POV

Harry and I headed down the corridor until i stopped dead. Standing before us is Helena Ravenclaw. The woman drifts toward us eerily, staring looking between Harry and I.

"You're the grey lady, right? The ghost of the Ravenclaw tower." Harry asks.

"I do not answer to that name." She whispers.

"Of course not, Helena." I say. She looks at me. "Luna told us."

"You two are friends of Luna?" Helena asks.

"Yes. She thought that you may be able to help us." Harry says. I nod.

"You... Twins, seek my mother's Diadem." Helena states.

"Yes, that's right-" I start but she cuts me off.

"Luna is kind. Unlike so many of the others, but she was wrong. I cannot help you." She begins to drift away. I start panicking and look at Harry, his eyes are desperate.

"Wait! Please!" I scream out.

"Many have sought out my mother's diadem. It's powers are legendary." Helena says.

"We don't care about the damn powers! Honestly!" I scream.

"We don't seek it for ourselves. I don't and neither does she." Harry yells. "We want to destroy it!" Harry screams. Then she stops. hooked in some way, she turns and looks Harry dead in the eye. Harry walks toward her.

"That's what you want isn't it Helena? You want it destroyed." Harry says stopping in front of her.

"She thought i took it to hurt her. But i only wanted to be more like her, clever and wise. She wore it so beautifully, but on me... I grew to hate it... the pain i felt... the pain i feel even now..." I walk toward her. sympathy in my eyes.

"We'll end your pain, Helena. Tell me where it is and i'll destroy it, i swear, on our mother's memory-" I start.

"Another swore to destroy it, many years ago, a strange boy, with a strange name..." she says. I nod.

"Tom Riddle-" I start but she cuts me off.

"But he lied."

"He's lied to many people-" Harry says but stops when her eyes blaze with anger, her face contorting horribly and Harry takes my hand and we take a few steps back.

"I know what he's done! I know who he is! He defiled it! With Dark Magic!" She screams causing me to cringe.

"Yes. That's right. But we can undo that, Helena. We can destroy it once and for all. But only if you tell us where he hid it. You know where he hid it, don't you? You just have to tell me. Please." Harry says. I nod and watch Harry step toward her. "Trust us."

She looks at him, standing close to her, only inches apart, she stares, lost in his eyes, but only for a moment.

"Strange... You remind me of him a bit." She mutters. Harry and I stare at her, Harry looks sad, stung. There are more explosion sounds again, but faintly this time and for a moment its as if he's forgotten why he'd come here. Then she speaks.

"It's here. In the castle. In the place where everything is hidden..." Harry and I stare at her. Baffled.

"If you have to ask, you'll never know. If you know, you need only ask..." She adds. A riddle. Harry gasps and takes my hand. He backs away.

"Thank you." He says turning. "Thank you." Then we run.
Ron's POV

I move from the shadows. Scared of them, i clutch the basilisk fang in my hand. I move to Hermione on Slytherin's alter. I watch her as she reaches into her bloody beaded bag to remove the cup. I can't do it. I extend my arm to her, trying to give her the fang.