Chapter 5

Lily's POV

We apparated into the dark, shadows of the alleyways in Diagon Alley. We lurk in the shadows but Hermione takes a few steps into the street until a wizard passes by.

"Madam Lestrange." He says.

"Good morning." Hermione says a little too cheery. The wizard gives her a weird look before continuing on.

Hermione retreats back to the shadows and Griphook comes out angry.

"Good morning? Goodmorning?! You're Bellatrix Lestrange! Not some dewy eyed schoolgirl." Griphook seethes.

"Hey. Easy." I say. Ron nods.

"She gives us away and we might as well use that sword to slit our own throats. Understand?"

"Griphoo-" I yell but Hermione cuts me off.

"He's right. I was being stupid."

"Hermione..."

"No it's fine. C'mon." Hermione says. She takes her purse and mutters accio cloak and the invisibility cloak flies to her hand. She throws it at me and i snatch it, giving her a concerned look. Her eyes widen making me stop and to do what i am supposed to. I sigh and wait as Harry crouches down and Griphook gets on his back. I move closer and throw the cloak around all of us. Harry takes my hand and we start for Gringotts.

Hermione leads us to a white, great, building with marble steps leading to the doors. We enter to a vast marble hall with a long counter. Goblins perched on high stools. Wizard guards positioned throughout. As Ron and Hermione enter, followed by us, wind whistles through the doorway, sends the pages of the Goblin's massive ledgers trembling. As the door closes, the room returns to its eerie silence. Hermione glances at Ron. He nods and she steps to the long counter, where an aged goblin scribbles in his ledger.

"Identification." He mutters.

"I hardly think that'll be necessary." Hermione spits. I can tell she wants to apologize, she's never been that mean.

"Madam Lestrange! Dear me! How may i help you today?" The goblin asks looking up from his ledger.

"I wish to enter my vault." She says impatiently.

"I see. Very well. Excuse me, won't you." The goblin says and goes to talk to another even older goblin.

"Next." A tall goblin says in a harsh tone.

"He is with me. As difficult that may be to imagine." She snarls. Just then Griphook makes Harry walk toward Ron.

"They know!" Griphook whispers. Harry is confused and I look at the goblin perched on my brother's shoulders.

"What do you mean?" Ron whispers.

"They know she's an imposter. They've been warned." Griphook snarls/whispers again, motioning to the guards that are walking toward us. I gulp and look at Harry. He just looks back. 

The two goblins nods and look at Hermione before the ancient goblin known as Bogrod, (The one that wasn't originally on the stool.) looks back to Hermione.

"It's the bank's policy, i'm sure you understand, given the current climate-"

"I most certainly do not understand-"

"I'm afraid i must insist." Bogrod says through clenched teeth.

Harry slips his wand from the waistline of his pants as he emerges to the podium, where the Goblins are. Our hands sweaty with fear, are still locked together. He raises his wand and whispers-