Chapter 21

Lily's POV

I stand there looking at the dead corpse in front of me. She killed Sirius, drove Neville's parents to insanity and don't remember him. She's caused so much pain and yet, I'm afraid that I stopped her beating heart. She's Draco's aunt. I breath heavily, wand clutched in my hand. My eyes never leave the body.

"LILY!" I look to the left of me and see Draco running toward me from the opposite way. I gasp and run, pocketing my wand.

"DRACO!" I scream. We reach each other on the hill and my hands dart around his neck ask his go to my waist. Our hearts racing.

"Oh you're alive." He says, letting me go briefly, looking me head to toe, checking for injuries and then pushes me toward him again.

Then the hyperventilating starts and the tears make their way down my face.

"He's dead." I sob. Draco looks at me.

"No! That's just it, he isn't! He kept out of Hagrid's arms he's fighting Voldemort now-"

"We need to get him! He's not dead we need to help him!"

"No please Lily, let me explain." Draco begs. I look at him.

"I got the mark in 6th year." He says showing me. Do you remember when you and your brother and granger and Weasley.. We met in Madam Malkin's. I was so cruel."

When...? Oh yeah.. But he
changed. He's my loving, Draco.. Right?

"But I changed. As soon as I left Borgin and Burkes. I was afraid. But I had to carry out the deed I was meant to do. I did it behind your back. When we didn't have the same classes, sometimes during dinner or breakfast." He looks down with pain spread across his features.

"I was there with Dumbledore in the Astronomy tower." His voice cracks.

"What?" I croak, looking at him.

"Snape posed for me. Bellatrix and the others never saw me. I hid. When Snape saw me, he was furious, but he didn't show it until Dumbledore was dead. I disarmed Dumbledore, I was at an angle where it looked like it came from Snape's wand. He did all the talking. As soon as Dumbledore was dead, I ran."

*flashback for Draco*

"You fool! You swine! You're going to lose the best thing that's happened to you!" Snape yells at me. I start crying.

"I lost her mother, you'd better not tell her this or you'll lose her too!" He screams again.

I nod.

"Go her to her Draco! Never speak of this!" He seethes. "Fight for her boy, or else my death will be for nothing. I made the mistake with her mother, don't you do it to her daughter."

*end of flashback, Lily's POV*

"You lied to me?" I ask.

"I'm so sorry Lilian, i wasn't going to tell you but I figured that it'd hurt you worse if I kept it from you."

I start laughing.

Draco looks at me worried.

"I killed your aunt." I giggle.

"Lily? Are you ok?"

"Of course I'm not ok. But I'm in shock and when that happens I laugh." I giggle.

"Lily?"

"Heehee, yeah?"

"Are you mad?"

"I dunno. No. I'm glad you told me. But we really have to help my brother." I say and I stop laughing.

"I love you." Draco says

"I love you too." I smile and kiss him.

"I have to tell the ministry where my father is."

"Are you sure?" I ask him.

"Time for him to face his consequences of his actions."

"But he's your dad.." I look at him.

"He stopped being my dad the moment he made my mum and I, a Death Eater, put a hot branding iron to our skin and enjoyed it." Draco says pulling a strand of hair behind my ear.

"But he's your dad!" Lily argues.

"Lily i know he is! Trust me, i know! But i have to do it. I have to do it-"

"Why?" Lily says.

"Because he's still a threat to you. If i don't get him in Azkaban he will kill you. I want to protect you." He says.

"Draco..."

"No, he is mad at me because you're half blood. I'm sick of it. I love you, and i will not let my father ruin our love."

"Surely there's a-"

"DRACO!" I was interrupted by Narcissa running toward us. "Draco, Lucius was just arrested."

I look at Draco. He looks down.

"I thought i'd have to do it." He sighs a big relief sigh.

"Will you help me clean out the manor?" Narcissa asks her son.

"I'm sorry you'll have to excuse me, my brother is trying to kill Voldemort."I say a little sarcastic.

"I'm sorry dear. Come Draco, let's get you safe." Narcissa says. He nods then looks at me.

"Meet me at number 12 Grimmauld place the moment you get done." Lily smiles.

"Ok i'll see you later." Draco says.

"I'd better see you or I'll kill you for leaving me." I warn.

"Same goes to you, love." Draco smiles. Then we run our separate ways.