Chapter 10

(Author's note: Hey guys!! I apologize but probably from here on till the end of the book, there will be a lot of switching places and POV's but i will always put who's POV and hopefully it'll be easy enough to follow where everyone is! Comment if it is too confusing, i'll make some edits! Thanks guys!)

No one's POV

Hogwarts rock is where he stands.

"They never learn. Such a pity." Voldemort smiles, as if amused. His eyes gleam fiercely. "Begin."

Bellatrix raises her arm in signal and the sea of Death Eaters settle, poised and waiting. The air goes still.

"But, my lord, shouldn't we wait-" Thicknesse asks.

Voldemort's eyes shift, killing the remainder of Thicknesse's sentence before it can escape his throat. Bellatrix's eyes narrow in contempt. Chilled, Thicknesse looks away. Then- as if burying a knife deep in the heart of an enemy. Bellatrix drops her arm.

Harry blinks, looking upward out the window, as the sky blazes with light and smoking tendrils plummet towards the castle. The bridge rolls under his feet but the shield holds. For now.

As fire fills the sky again, Fred and George burst out of the castle, grinning madly.

"Nice night for it!" Fred calls out. Lily smiles.

"Hello Fred. George." Lily says smiling.

They rush past Harry and Lily, grinning. Then Harry turns to Luna.

"Well... Who've got in mind?" Harry asks Luna.

Hermione's POV

Ron and I move down a desolate corridor. Everytime we hear a muffled explosion i'd nearly jump into his arms. But luckily i'd recollect myself. When i picked up the pace in my walking we reached the door to the bathroom where Moaning Mertle lives. We glance at each other and pass through the door. Gone.

Neville's POV

At the wooden bridge, i peer outward, marveling at the forcefield. Then Seamus interrupts my thoughts.

"That's it. I want a charge on each and every joist." He says. I can hear him below. Seamus decided that he, Kate Bell, Cho and Nigel needs to put charges, that are explosive spells, on the wood beneath, while i put them on the top.

"You do know what you're doing, don't you, Seamus?" I ask him.

Seamus winks, showing me two thumbs up. He seems to be enjoying himself, perhaps inordinately so. I exhale and shake my head. I'm a tad nervous. I look off then, peering back along the bridge's spine to where Ginny stands at the far end. Seeing me, she raises her hand to wave... then goes still, her hand suspended in the air, looking past me as a howling rises on the air like a crude battle cry. Hearing it, too, I turn, and see hundred of baying snatchers rolling in an angry wave over the hill opposite.

"Not good."

Lily's POV

Luna leads Harry and I up the stairway into a corridor.

"If you're to find her, you'll find her down there." Luna says.

"Aren't you coming?" Harry asks.

"No i think that you two should talk with her alone. She's very shy." Luna says, cocking her head to the side, looking down the corridor. Luna smiles and exits. I look at Harry, who gulps and looks at me, before we turn away and peer down the shadowy, dark, corridor.

No One's POV

Lupin and Shacklebolt stride out to night as Dean tags after. Shacklebolt is giving instructions to Dean:

"Tell Professor Mcgonagall that Remus and I will cover this side of the castle." He says.

"Yes, sir." Dean says. As Dean turns to leave, the grounds stop him cold. He sees the sea of Death Eaters. Dean sees Remus and Kingsley narrow their eyes at them.

"Dean!" Kingsley yells, making him not leave. "On second thought, tell professor we need a few more wands."

Dean nods, continues on, merely trading a glance with Arthur, Fred and George as they appear, staring in stunned disbelief at the deadly throng across the landscape.

"It's the quality of one's conviction that determines success, not the number of one's followers." Remus says.

"Who said that?" Kingsley asks.

"Me." Remus replies, not looking away from straight ahead. Then Tonks appears.

"Speaking of quality." Remus smiles at his wife. Tonks doesn't even say hi to Arthur and the identical twins as she darts to her husband. Remus doesn't hesitate to swallow his wife in his arms. "You shouldn't have. It's Teddy who needs you."

"He'll sleep till dawn and snore like his father. It's you who needs me tonight." She replies. He looks her in the eye, not denying it. Then a thunderous boom shatters the night sky.

Harry's POV

"We need to talk to her daughter. Helena Ravenclaw." Lily says. I nod and take hand leading her down a dark corridor.

No One's POV (With Neville and the bridge.)

The sea of Snatchers close on the bridge, their howls deadening. As Neville looks on in terror, a fresh volley of rockets lace the night sky, his skin throbbing with a kaleidoscope of light: Blood red. Blue moon. Brightsun. He glances up, watching as the bombs strike the shield and the sky shivers like water. Suddenly, his expression changes, faint hope displacing dread as...

THWACK!

Teeth bared the first snatcher runs flat into Flitwicks forcefield and bounces back.

THWACK! THWACK! THWACK!

One after another, the snatchers bounce back. A grin blooms on Neville's face.

"Ha! Ha!" Neville laughs.

Scabior stops short, eyeing the area ahead warily. Neville begins to laugh, in faint disbelief at first, then harder, almost maniacally, consumed by a fear turned to ecstasy. Hoarsely, he bellows at Scabior.

"Yeah! You and whose army?!" Neville asks smiling.

He grins, raises his wand and, with a triumphant whoop, he whips his arm too vigorously into the air and fires a shot into the night sky.

"Woah! Easy there!" Seamus yells at Neville. Neville looks down to see Seamus draped in charges, glaring up at him.

"Sorry." Neville says.

Hermione's POV

Ron and I reach the opening of the Chamber of Secrets, the Serpents hatch that bars the way to the chamber. Ron takes out his wand.

Then Ron says something in Parseltongue. My eyes widen in shock and Ron shrugs.

"Harry talks in his sleep, haven't you noticed?" Ron asks.

"1. I sleep with either you or Lily." I laugh. "2. no. Of course not."

And the hatch swings open.

Ron takes my hand and leads us down the shadowy cavern, bones snapping like fish scales with every step we take. As we reach a low wall of rocks, about waist high, Ron stops.

"I've never been this far. Lily and I, we were locked down here because Lockhart managed to trap us down here. You know the story." Ron says. I nod.

"I'm scared." I say.

"Me too."

We continue to walk ahead until we spill into the soaring cavern and begin to walk the gauntlet of serpents. I look and see the face of Salazar Slytherin and honestly i am a little freaked out.

"I didn't expect it to be like this." I say looking around.

"What did you expect it to be like Love?" Ron asks.

"Not this."