#Bucky: Shut Up And Dance With Me

BUCKY X READER

A/N: This one shot is inspired by the song Shut Up And Dance, so you can kind of imagine the idea that I have for this one shot is more fun and upbeat, instead of feels and ugly sobbing that I usually acquire after a Bucky one shot;D

You were at Tony's party, getting drunk and actually enjoying yourself, which was surprising to Clint and Natasha because they knew you weren't much of a party animal. You had also heard that Tony was inviting all the Avengers. But little did you know, Steve had taken Bucky along with him, in an attempt to help the former Winter Soldier to settle in with the others.

You had heard a lot about the Winter Soldier. Your fellow agents at Shield had made it clear that Bucky Barnes was dangerous and cold. But when your good friend, Steve, approached you with his gorgeous, all-American boy grin, your drunken self beamed back and waved wildly at the soldier.

"Captain," You saluted the man with a bottle of beer in your left hand. Chuckling, Steve glanced down at you and shook his head.

Natasha, sighing in disbelief next to you, nodded at Steve as well. "Can you believe her? Y/N is actually drunk."

Behind you, Clint held up his phone to record your drunken mess as he bemused, "I like it better when Y/N is drunk though." The archer grimaced when Natasha kicked him in the shin. Huffing slightly, he stuffed his phone back into his pocket under Natasha's glare.

"Well," Clapping his hands together, Steve started awkwardly and stepped aside, revealing a rigid figure behind him, "Everybody, meet Bucky. Bucky, this is Natasha, Y/N, and Clint."

You blinked and stared at the man in front of you. Bucky's blue eyes were cold and distant. It wasn't hard to see that he wasn't enjoying the party at all, which was why you had decided to help him, because you knew exactly how horrible it was to stand in the middle of a dancing crowd and not knowing where the exit was. 

To everybody's surprise, you reached forwards and grabbed the assassin's hand. Bucky, startled, stared down at you as you smiled in an overly-friendly manner. "You dance?" You asked, raising your voice even though the music wasn't that loud. In your alcohol consumed mind, everything was blasting and pulsing with beats. 

The corner of Bucky's lips lifted as he watched your drunken self in amusement. He shrugged, which you took it as a yes. "Come on then!" You yelled and began to pull him towards the dancing pool. From a distance, you could faintly make out Tony in his suit dancing with a champagne bottle. Behind you two, Steve stuttered and glanced after you two helplessly. He thought he was going to be accompanied by his best friend during the party, but it was obvious that this wasn't the case anymore, since you had practically stolen Bucky Barnes from Captain America.

After Tony playing AC/DC nonstop for the past hour, someone had finally switched the song to something else. You attempted to take hold of both Bucky's hands, and the assassin could only peer down at you with not the slightest clue what was going on. The crowd continued to jump to the beat of a new song. You recognised it immediately, because your roommate was cruel enough to play it 24/7. "I know this song!" You shouted at Bucky, who actually smiled in spit of you. 

"I can't dance like you folks," the man tried to explain but you ignored him deliberately. In your mind, you hadn't really taken in the fact that you were going to dance with Bucky Barnes, the Winter Soldier. In fact, from the way he spoke, you might have imagined yourself dancing with a 70-years-old man.

You wiggled lamely, trying to get Bucky to twirl you around. When he finally did, his movements were stiff and untrained. "You can do better than that," you complained and frowned at him openly. "Now it's your go!"

You stood on your tip toe and reached up. If you were any saner at that point, you might have noticed how stupid you looked, trying to twirl Bucky around from under your arm, or you might even have spotted the laughing Clint in the back who was filming the two of you with tears in his eyes.

"Y/N," Bucky started, biting down a laugh as he watched you struggle to push him under your arm. 

"You're too tall," you muttered, eyeing everybody around you two who were having fun and dancing to the song. "Just bend down slightly, would you?"

Finally giving in, Bucky ducked and turned under your arm. A grinning Bucky faced you once more and you began to jump on you feet in growing excitement. "Okay, I think I'm done-" Bucky's words were cut short when someone bumped into you, causing you to stumble into Bucky. The assassin caught you with his rapid instincts, and you glanced up at him once more with a childish beam. 

"Just shut up and dance with me," you giggled and grabbed his hands once more. Sighing, the assassin obeyed. A smile lingered at his lips as he watched this mesmerising girl struggled to dance with him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you guys liked this one shot! Please drop in a request if you're interested:)