#Bucky: Am I Worthy- Part 3

#Bucky X Reader

Author's Note: I feel like I should write this in first person's point of view. So yeah, I hope you guys enjoy this!:)

The street was desert and quiet. I hold down another sob that is bubbling in my throat and push on. My knees feel weak, but I know I have to get to the tower before they take him.

I can't think of anyone who can help me in this situation except the Avengers. Choking back my tears, I find myself running towards the Stark Tower. Good thing I live right in the middle of the city.

The main entrance is dimly lit in spite of the late hour. Two security guards are nodding off behind the reception counter when I hurry in, their heads snap up in my direction when I almost trip over my own feet. "Please," I gape, "I need to see Mr. Stark."

His iron fist smacked down on the man's face. The attacker collapsed, giving me the window to wrench myself away from him. Bucky heaved, his dark hair falling into his hollow frame when two other men threw themselves onto him.

"I can't just let you in," the man frowns at my fit. His company has a firm hand on his pager while his ginger eyes trained on me.

Bucky grunted painfully as one of the men had him in a head lock. Amidst the chaos, Bucky threw a quick glance at me. His eyes were dark and wild. "Go," he growled. I was rooted to the ground, too helpless to be helpful in this situation. "GO!" He shouted.

And I did. I left him there with the men and sprinted for my life.

"Please!" I hiss desperately, my eyes are darting between the elevators at the back and these two security guards. I need to get to Tony Stark. I need to get back to Bucky before it's too late.

When the men are exchanging hesitant glances, I dive for it. I attempt to run for the elevators just as the men snap into actions, pulling me back and keeping a taut grip on my arms. "Please!" I screech, tears stream down my face as I kick and struggle. "I need to see Tony Stark!"

Just as I am being led towards the main entrance, the elevator doors slide open with a ring. I still, my eyes wide and transfix on the new arrival.

Despite the late hour, Tony Stark has arrived in the lobby in one of his infamously expensive suit. Behind him, the Falcon and Captain Rogers follow. The three of them freeze when they catch glimpse of me, a mid laugh fading from their faces when they take in my hysterical form.

Captain America is the first to break the silence. "What are you two doing to this poor girl? Let her go!" The two security guards release me instinctively, like I may infect them with some sick disease.

Despite the confusion and hesitation in his eyes, Captain Rogers approaches me with stern steps. Now that I am faced with the three Avengers in person, I am overwhelmed. I have always seen them in the news, saving people and fighting for us. Admiration is an understatement when I have to describe how I feel about the Avengers. "Please," I plead, my eyes darting between the Avengers, "I need help. My friend..the guy on the news...Bucky-"

Captain's face drops at the mention of his name. Suddenly, a horrible realisation hits me. What if the Avengers are looking for Bucky too? What if they're trying to capture him as well? Does Captain know Bucky isn't the bad guy that everybody thinks he is?

"Did you say Bucky?" The Falcon chimes in, stepping closer with Tony Stark. The Falcon steals a quick peek from Captain Rogers before settling his careful gaze on me once more.

Nodding, I look around the faces in despair. "I found him in the alley behind my flat. He was in a really bad form so I took him in. Then these men broke into my flat and were beating him up. I have only managed to escape because Bucky was holding them off-" The image of leaving Bucky behind fills my head, allowing another sob to leave my throat.