#Bucky: He's All Soft Inside

#Bucky Barnes X Reader

A/N: Just having a bit of fun and CUTE BUCKY ALERT :D

The others had always seen Bucky as the tough, badass former- Soviet assassin. But being his girlfriend for months, you knew otherwise.

While the others would imagine Bucky taking his coffee all black, Bucky actually preferred the drink with sh*t tons of milk and sugar. The first time you caught him almost drowning the energy drink in sugar, you gaped and stood by the door. Bucky, flinching once he heard your footsteps approaching, turned around stiffly, his lips tight. "Don't tell anyone about this, Y/N," Bucky murmured and watched you expectedly. Seeing the seriousness in his expression, you couldn't help but chuckled.

"I won't," you promised.

Then there was a time when you two wanted to have a night in. You cuddled up against Bucky, while the assassin sighed in contentment as he wrapped his arm around you. The moment was ruined shortly when Sam and Clint came into the room, both arguing about birds and had halted to a stop when they saw you. "Hey, you guys watching a movie?" Clint asked enthusiastically. You nodded and watched in amusement when Clint particularly threw himself to the pile of DVDs sacked in the corner. "Can I pick?"

You peered up at your boyfriend, who definitely didn't look very pleased. "I thought it was only the two of us," Bucky whispered and pouted. You laughed while Sam dropped himself on the other sofa. He leaned back and glanced over Clint's shoulder to see what the archer was picking.

"Inception?" Sam mused and had a smirk when Clint inserted the DVD. "I thought we had agreed that we would only watch it when Stark or Banner was around."

"I don't care, brother," Clint grinned and took a seat next to Sam. The movie hadn't even started when the men's phones beeped, both messages were from Shield asking for Birdmen to go on some missions. After a severe amount of groaning and swearing, Clint and Sam left you and Bucky in peace. You thought you were getting comfortable with the film when Bucky moved you gently and stood. He headed over to the sack of DVDs and picked out one and only, Bambi.

"Can we watch this?" Bucky turned and questioned you with his eyes gleaming with hope. A smile tugged at your lips while you nodded. Needless to say, it was more than astonishing to watch the Winter Soldier pretending not to cry during a Disney film.

You understood Bucky's fear of the other Avengers knowing of his soft spots. But you had never imagined the others finding out about it, since Bucky had tried so hard to keep this secret in the dark. But all of Bucky's efforts was blown on this Christmas night, when Tony had promised Bucky that he could decorate the Christmas tree at his Tower.

Bucky's face lit up the moment Tony hung up on him, asking him to come around in a bit so they could surprise Pepper with the tree. "I'm going to decorate a Christmas tree!" Bucky grinned and pulled you in for a bear hug. You chuckled into the fabric of his top while Bucky jumped up and down, bringing you with him.

You were about to ask what was so special with decorating Christmas tree, but just when you were about to ask, you stopped yourself dead. Of course, Bucky would be excited. How many Christmas had he missed during all those times when he was under Hydra's operation?

Anyway, Bucky actually managed to pull out a bright green and blue Christmas jumper from god knows where, and made you put on a Christmasy top before heading out for the Tower. Bucky simply couldn't conceal his delight when he caught glimpse of the massive tree sitting at the corner of Tony's floor. "What's up with him?" the billionaire asked you in a hushed voice while your boyfriend rushed over to the tree, his metal arm gleaming and reflecting the ceiling lights.

"Too much coffee," you lied. Tony shrugged and looked around.

"Yo, Metallica," Tony called. You frowned at him disapprovingly but the billionaire paid no notice. "Should I turn down the lights for the Christmas decoration?"

Bucky didn't even look in his way. He was busying gawking over box and box of shiny balls and fairy lights. Sighing, Tony left you two alone. Out of nowhere, Bucky yelped in surprise. Turned out few of the decorations were magnetic, and they flew straight to Bucky's arm instantly, catching the assassin off guard. "Y/N!" Bucky whined and glanced down at his arm helplessly. "Help me, please!"

Laughing whole-heartedly, you were amused by this special side of Bucky. Kneeling next to your boyfriend, you plucked the decorations off his arm and kissed his cheek. "Having fun, big boy?" you asked with a smile. Beaming back, Bucky held up a bunch of tangled up decoration and shook it under your nose.

"I'm going to make sure this is the best Christmas Tree in the whole New York."

Unable help yourself, you pecked at Bucky's lips quickly, feeling your cheeks burnt. "You do that," you remarked and sat close to him. Bucky was humming an off-tune Christmas song when the others returned, all freezing to watch a jolly Bucky decorating Tony's Christmas tree while singing a horrid version of Jingle Bells.

Of course, his bright green jumper didn't help.

At once, the Avengers bursted into laughter, settling Bucky right out of his comfort zone. With his face a shade darker and redder, Bucky watched the Avengers in horror and shock, his hands clutching onto the decorations tightly.

"Guys!" You shouted and stood, moving yourself so you were in front of Bucky, shielding him from the others. Catching your growing anger and the sight of a lost Bucky behind you, the others ceased to silence. Clint was the first one to speak up.

"Oh, yes. I almost forgot it's Christmas," he murmured and came over, clapping Bucky's arm while staring at the boxes. "Thanks for reminding me, pal. I must go call my-uh, girlfriend and stuff." He disappeared in a blink. It didn't escape all of you that he was talking about his kids and his wife.

"Well," Tony started and gestured towards you and Bucky. "Someone gotta help the metal arm so Pepper can have her surprise." You peered back at Bucky, who had his eyes widened in astonishment when the Avengers began to move over and open up more boxes. "This just reminds me of my childhood," Tony muttered. "Who am I joking? My dad's never done this with me."

You were pretty sure you heard Tony whispering something along the line 'I miss Jarvis' but you decided to ignore it. Natasha was busy untangling a coil of fairy lights. Her constant growls earned chuckles from Bruce. "Let me help you," the scientist offered and reached for the fairy lights. The Black Widow watched quietly, a special smile that she had reserved for Bruce played at her full lips.

"Brother Steve shall be here soon," Thor informed you and Bucky. "I trust him with Jane, and the two of them have gone in search for our glorious feast-"

"By that," Tony explained, "Thor means Steve and Jane have gone to get pizza. Sam should be here soon too."

You gasped and cheered, "Jane's coming as well? That's awesome!"

The Avengers all busied themselves around the Christmas tree. The floor was packed with life and laughter. Bucky, in his bright green jumper, glanced down at the balls in his hands with a tiny smile. You watched him quietly. You simply couldn't be happier to be able to spend this special day with the one that you loved.

Suddenly, Bucky's striking eyes were on you. He pulled you closer to him while the others chattered and worked on. "Thank you, doll," he whispered, kissing you affectionately and you returned the kiss.

"No problem, big boy," you grinned against his lips and knew that tonight would be one of your best nights ever.